TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Has anyone get a copy of this? It features an exclusive interview with Nolan on VFX but I wonder whether there'll be any TENET-related contents

Ahh shit...we may not be able to see Tenet in July. Bond got delayed 7 MONTHS. Tenet will probably follow the same action. I mean many people won't want to go to the theater which will affect box office of course.

Nah, unless COVID-19 is still going strong in June, Tenet is all good. I just can't see that happening.

Think of it as a very strong flu-season (which it kinda is) and remember that they always tapers off by April/early May.

speedy117 wrote:
March 4th, 2020, 6:26 pm
Ahh shit...we may not be able to see Tenet in July. Bond got delayed 7 MONTHS. Tenet will probably follow the same action. I mean many people won't want to go to the theater which will affect box office of course.
The good news is Tenet already has a spring/summer date. This is a far better time of year when it comes to dealing with virus outbreaks than fall and winter. Moving to a fall/winter date puts them in a not-so-great spot compared to where they are now.

And I have heard (but not sure) that another reason why Bond in particular was moved is because
some of the plot has something to do with a virus?
Definitely not something to show an audience sitting in a theater worried about Covid-19, if that rumor is true.

senseandsarcasm wrote:
March 5th, 2020, 12:22 pm
speedy117 wrote:
The good news is Tenet already has a spring/summer date. This is a far better time of year when it comes to dealing with virus outbreaks than fall and winter. Moving to a fall/winter date puts them in a not-so-great spot compared to where they are now.

And I have heard (but not sure) that another reason why Bond in particular was moved is because
Definitely not something to show an audience sitting in a theater worried about Covid-19, if that rumor is true.
Wouldn't that mean they would have to rewrite tons of the script and reshoot?

I think Quantum Entanglement is the Scientific Phenomenon what TENET's time reversal is based on...!!!

This being a real scientific phenomenon and Nolan always being very pragmatic with his explanations in his movies.

The Dual Machine Room could bring about two versions of the thing working opposite in time or a phenomenon similar to that based on what Nolan chose for the project.

The old 1980s telephone from the trailer is also when Quantum Entanglement was revised properly.

This phenomenon works regardless of the distance between the objects once entangled.
And it does have palindromic effects as I think in the movie two objects once exiting out of the machine try to reach a twilight zone in their timelines to become stable ( I suppose ).

I don't really know how the heroes and the villains are exploiting this technology and for what....but this is the only practical explanation he might have used for the plot.

Also, maybe they have this machine installed in different countries to test it or something...that's why the movie is an International Espionage and also might lead to time being stretched backwards so much that evolution might take place all over again.

I really think this is what he's going for this time. Thoughts...???

senseandsarcasm wrote:
March 5th, 2020, 12:22 pm
speedy117 wrote:

Not at all. It’s because they are expecting a hefty return from the Chinese box office (as do a lot of international franchises) and since a lot of China have shut down public places like cinemas, then the decision was made. Especially when you factor that historically Bond tends to do very well in the winter months it was probably an easier decision than you think.

Tenet isn’t moving, Nolan’s films are at home in the summer and they most definitely don’t want to cannibalise Dune.