TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
so far we've seen official photos or video footage from almost every single shooting location, but the one place we have seen absolutely none of yet is the desert center at eagle mountain. super curious what scenes will take place here and how it will link to the plot...if this movie involves evolution, I feel like this set would be used for flashback scenes, as it appears to be more ancient and war-torn...does anybody have speculation or insight?

Just developed this potential story structure...
I think a lot of people have predicted this, but here it is from my perspective: Tenet is a palindrome, and the story will be too (duh, obviously...I know, just bear with me) There will be two segments of the plot...events before the climax and events after the climax, but in reverse. From a more visual perspective, the right-side-up "TE" will be the forward's version of the story and will cover the events leading up to the climax (N) and the upside-down "TE" will cover the events that happened after the climax OR the events that happened before the climax, but in reverse...all in all, this leads to the "N" which is the climax/turning point of the story. I bet this structure kinda seems confusing at first but maybe some people will see where I'm coming from.

quervo wrote:
January 3rd, 2020, 7:39 pm
El Especial wrote:
January 3rd, 2020, 7:24 pm
someone on Reddit:
Also, if you observe carefully in the trailer, when he's in the car with Pattinson, he has a yellow-orange case in his hand just before bumping which turns into a hexagonal grey equipment when he flinches before the flipping of the car.
can any of you see this?
I'm not sure what we have to see.
I think those two shots are not that close to each other in the movie, so the thing he holds when the car crashes could have been in the orange box before. Even his reaction isn't related to the crashing car in my opinion, because as we can see in the previous shot the reversing Saab is always ahead of the BMW, and JDW is reacting to something which is next to/behind them.
Perfect analysis.

rotas wrote:
January 3rd, 2020, 11:03 pm
I think a lot of people have predicted this, but here it is from my perspective: Tenet is a palindrome, and the story will be too (duh, obviously...I know, just bear with me) There will be two segments of the plot...events before the climax and events after the climax, but in reverse. From a more visual perspective, the right-side-up "TE" will be the forward's version of the story and will cover the events leading up to the climax (N) and the upside-down "TE" will cover the events that happened after the climax OR the events that happened before the climax, but in reverse...all in all, this leads to the "N" which is the climax/turning point of the story. I bet this structure kinda seems confusing at first but maybe some people will see where I'm coming from.
I really like your theory man. Really good thinking, if this ends up remotely close to this wow.

rotas wrote:
Ok, what if they are moving forwards in time, and "WW3" starts halfway through the movie, and they have to reverse time to undo the effects of it.

This while thing with rob and john going into two almost identical rooms that are sort of mirror reflections of each other reminds me of the quantum experiment with the two "doors" and a particle going throw one, some times both of them at the same time.

rotas wrote:
impressive work. at the very end in both the trailer and prologue, the title TENET is presented:
TT then both E's and then the N - Nolan is clearly hinting at something with this, and not to mention the spinning TENET in the theatre only trailer and in adds.

rotas wrote:
I think you are right, but I have a little different theory:
The film will start just about the end of the "N" event.
JDW's character is called to stop a threat. He will go backwards in time to find out how this threat started so he can stop it in its conception. He then will find out that his return in time makes this threat real and unstoppable. A paradox, I know... But... The end of the film will be the question: what cause the N event? The first TE or the last TE?

Anyone seen this on reddit???:

https://www.reddit.com/r/tenet/comments ... vel_heres/

"...A quora poster wrote this:

Lance Klusenar, former Screenwriter at William Morris Endeavor

I know someone who read the early draft of the script for this movie.

The summary is basically, someone/organization is trying to bury the truth about unexplained murders of politicians. That’s what we see in the teaser trailer. John David Washington stumbles upon a crime scene just when it is about to be erased. The bullet holes through a glass panel are about to disappear when he inspects them.

From there he goes to various spies from different continents/countries trying to find clues and secrets about the people who are assassinating these politicians without any trace. Ultimately its involves some sort of time manipulation and reverse time loops which he overcomes to uncover the truth and expose the truth before civil unrest settles in..."

Interesting, huh?!? ;)

tonymanero wrote:
January 4th, 2020, 8:42 pm
Anyone seen this on reddit???:

https://www.reddit.com/r/tenet/comments ... vel_heres/

"...A quora poster wrote this:

Lance Klusenar, former Screenwriter at William Morris Endeavor

I know someone who read the early draft of the script for this movie.

The summary is basically, someone/organization is trying to bury the truth about unexplained murders of politicians. That’s what we see in the teaser trailer. John David Washington stumbles upon a crime scene just when it is about to be erased. The bullet holes through a glass panel are about to disappear when he inspects them.

From there he goes to various spies from different continents/countries trying to find clues and secrets about the people who are assassinating these politicians without any trace. Ultimately its involves some sort of time manipulation and reverse time loops which he overcomes to uncover the truth and expose the truth before civil unrest settles in..."

Interesting, huh?!? ;)
Interesting, yes but it was pretty much debunked a few days ago.

Oh sorry, this was news to me but I guess maybe i´ve lost this in the thread !!