TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
KEM wrote:
September 7th, 2020, 12:36 am

Alright that’s it... next Nolan film I’m meeting you there in Indy!!
I guess you could say, it'll be the beginning of
a beautiful friendship :lol:

like the time at indy and a minute after sitting i hear someone behind me say "...VADER?!"

fun times

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
September 7th, 2020, 12:51 am
like the time at indy and a minute after sitting i hear someone behind me say "...VADER?!"

fun times

-Vader
Lmao.

Who was that?

Guilty as charged.

Vader182 wrote:
September 7th, 2020, 12:51 am

fun times

-Vader
:lol: :lol:
Me not 100% sure if it was you but still wanting to get your attention:

Lol no way, that’s awesome about you and Vader. Fuck, I can’t believe I haven’t seen a movie in REAL IMAX....seriously considering flying over to you :oops:

Just came back from my third viewing (biggest IMAX in Germany and IMAX even says the best sound calibrated cinema in Germany)
This time I watched it in English and I can‘t confirm the sound problems. Of course the German dubbing was clearer at some points but even during the sailing scene and the scene with JDW and Ives on the ship with masks I could understand every word (and the cinema dialed the master audio down -7db from what IMAX recommended - still CRAZY loud).
So I think it‘s just a decision to make it sound realistic and not Bane-like.
And when you sound-mix for IMAX I think the result gets worse down the line to „normal“ theaters (and not even adressing the calibration of every single non-imax cinema)
So I think that Nolan definitely didn‘t make a bad sound mix on purpose.

AsianVersionOfET wrote:
September 7th, 2020, 1:54 pm
Lol no way, that’s awesome about you and Vader. Fuck, I can’t believe I haven’t seen a movie in REAL IMAX....seriously considering flying over to you :oops:
Lol do it! I'd consider driving back to Indy to meet up if it was on a weekend lol

Hustler wrote:
September 6th, 2020, 9:28 pm
KEM wrote:
September 6th, 2020, 7:58 pm
Just got out of my 6th viewing...
Damn dude lol. I've only seen it 3 times now, enjoying the puzzle aspect of it and trying to piece it all together. I've definitely had to resort to watching a bunch of explanation videos on YouTube, reading the plot synopsis on Wikipedia, etc. :lol:
So my first two viewings were in 15/70 IMAX in Indy, and my most recent viewing today was in my hometown on a regular crappy screen. Talk about a complete opposite experience. The sound was so flat, the score didn't pop at all, tiny cropped image, even the screen seemed dirty like someone applied a bad filter over the image.
how is the sound mixing on the 15/70 IMAX?

dragon_phoenix wrote:
September 8th, 2020, 5:31 pm

how is the sound mixing on the 15/70 IMAX?
It definitely worked for me, but again I'm no audiophile. I just loved that it was pounding and in your face, but never felt to me like it was overpowering the dialogue to a ridiculous extent. I was able to make out probably 80% the first time, and probably closer to 95% the second viewing simply because I was focusing more on the dialogue. My third viewing on a regular screen was a little easier to hear dialogue (or maybe I was just tuned into it most of it by then), but SO disheartening with how puny the whole audio experience felt.