TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.

This is amazing....it reads like Nolan is a stoned teenager...also, it reads like Nolan is hella into Post-Modernism...Nolan definitely into Derrida.

Ace wrote:
May 28th, 2020, 10:30 am
What is this from? :lol:

WTF?
For someone who makes a film about a palindrome, strange to not know the various kind of symetry: around a point, around an axis.

Demoph wrote:
May 28th, 2020, 11:47 am
Ace wrote:
May 28th, 2020, 10:30 am
What is this from? :lol:

WTF?
For someone who makes a film about a palindrome, strange to not know the various kind of symetry: around a point, around an axis.
He's talking about real world objects, and that no 2 objects can be the same.. and he's not wrong. Mathematical concepts like symmetry etc, don't capture physical properties perfectly nor vice versa, they are just approximations of reality.

Stoner Nolan is my favorite Nolan.

I mean... he's not wrong. On some level, there are no two objects exactly, precisely the same unless you get into the subatomic level.

Nolan says a lot of nonsense when it comes to color science and so on, but I don't think this is a particularly controversial point?

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
May 28th, 2020, 2:32 pm
I mean... he's not wrong. On some level, there are no two objects exactly, precisely the same unless you get into the subatomic level.

Nolan says a lot of nonsense when it comes to color science and so on, but I don't think this is a particularly controversial point?

-Vader
I have no idea why some people react to that in a bad way, the worst I can say is that it's funny how he put the whole mirror thing... but, to be honest, that mirror example is a quite interesting thought experiment, I mean, I really had to think about that one :D And he knew it was a nonsense thing that he cannot wrap his head around, so he just comes off as... open and honest :D That's it.

And yes, I'm sure Nolan does love my boy Derrida and continental stuff in general.

-Vader

MMFR wrote:
May 28th, 2020, 3:23 am
Crossing their legs Cary Grant style.