TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Ruth is just toying with our emotions

In all fairness with the musical thing, if you wanted an excuse to be able to use IMAX, a musical could certainly serve as that. Plenty of lip-syncing/ADR involved in that. I keep thinking how he is going to use IMAX again in different ways, and that would definitely be another one.

Now, that being said, I would be none too pleased if that's what he has planned out. There is a significantly greater chance that the shot down rumor of a romantic thriller is still the film than him doing a musical.

And it's interesting what somebody earlier said about CR and Skyfall being Nolan-like Bond films, because while I've always thought that myself I also questioned why Nolan continued talking about Bond after those films came out, saying how he'd still reinvent it in a different way.

Somebody just posted this on YouTube and I cannot stop hitting replay button :lol:

pk12 wrote:
March 7th, 2019, 1:45 am
Somebody just posted this on YouTube and I cannot stop hitting replay button :lol:
Admittedly I thought I was going to be underwhelmed, but that's about as funny as it gets. :lol:

So much so, that I could almost see that as being real haha.

pk12 wrote:
March 7th, 2019, 1:45 am
:D

Id love this if Ruth was like 'watch me make this board lose their little minds'.

Well played if so.

Otherwise, id be down for a modern musical but i feel Chazelle has topped that for now? What else could Nolan do?

I hate musicals. But...

Ive always said that I love how Nolan centers his films around interesting careermen. Batman, pilot, mind thief, soldier. Never just ordinary guys.

The one career, and topic I've always wanted to see him tackle is musician. And if he writes a story about a musician, there is an obvious window open for the obligatory musical number that would hopefully not make me cringe like every single other musical ever made

I'd love a musical from Nolan. Bring it on!
LelekPL wrote:
March 6th, 2019, 3:10 pm
Are you really hoping that COLLIDER has some scoop on the new Nolan film? They'll just talk about the North by Northwest news and say it's false. There, I saved you some time
I know I'm late to the party here, but I just wanted to add my two cents to this. Collider.com is a pretty reliable news source to be honest. They're not up there with the best, but far from trash.

And Jeff Sneider is in Collider now, since some time last year. He has broken a ton of scoops in Hollywood over the years. Probably woudn't announce anything in a podcast like that, but still.

It just seems very unlikely that Nolan would make a musical with Ryan Gosling right after Chazelle just made a musical with Ryan Gosling, lol. Total BS.

Sanchez wrote:
March 7th, 2019, 10:34 am
I'd love a musical from Nolan. Bring it on!
LelekPL wrote:
March 6th, 2019, 3:10 pm
Are you really hoping that COLLIDER has some scoop on the new Nolan film? They'll just talk about the North by Northwest news and say it's false. There, I saved you some time
I know I'm late to the party here, but I just wanted to add my two cents to this. Collider.com is a pretty reliable news source to be honest. They're not up there with the best, but far from trash.

And Jeff Sneider is in Collider now, since some time last year. He has broken a ton of scoops in Hollywood over the years. Probably woudn't announce anything in a podcast like that, but still.
Collider.com, the WEBSITE is semi-reliable. It's not Deadline, it's not Variety, it's not THR. But it's far from a "random blog about superhero news". However, we were talking about the Collider youtube channel and so far they haven't announced any scoops. It's a different animal and the video ended up being exactly what I said it would be.