TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
radewart wrote:
June 5th, 2020, 12:37 pm
Not to pile on Nolan, but this one is pretty bad/funny

That extra is taking a beating from nothing, maybe the Invisible Man?
Oh my. That is hilarious. So do extras typically just pretend like they're being beaten up, and then the "bad guy" is added in later with CGI? How could this even happen?

marshallmurphy wrote:
June 5th, 2020, 3:38 pm
Oh my. That is hilarious. So do extras typically just pretend like they're being beaten up, and then the "bad guy" is added in later with CGI? How could this even happen?
Just subpar stunt choreography in that particular moment, but I think they did the best they could, considering they had hundreds of extras to coordinate.

If you watch that scene and pay attention to nothing but the extras, their "fighting" is mostly shoving matches. Some of it works well when the camera is moving, the depth of field is shallower (focus is on Bats/Bane), and there's smoke or snow to cover it up. But in shots where the extras are clear and in focus, there are laughable moments :lol:

There's even a similar moment in the Tenet prologue:
Not necessarily an "invisible" bad guy, there's a thug right there who yanks the cello(?) away. But the actress reacts to it very weirdly :lol:

Forum Pro
hotsauce32 wrote:
June 5th, 2020, 4:44 pm
marshallmurphy wrote:
Just subpar stunt choreography in that particular moment, but I think they did the best they could, considering they had hundreds of extras to coordinate.

If you watch that scene and pay attention to nothing but the extras, their "fighting" is mostly shoving matches. Some of it works well when the camera is moving, the depth of field is shallower (focus is on Bats/Bane), and there's smoke or snow to cover it up. But in shots where the extras are clear and in focus, there are laughable moments :lol:

Not necessarily an "invisible" bad guy, there's a thug right there who yanks the cello(?) away. But the actress reacts to it very weirdly :lol:
I think the extra in that Tenet moment is just reacting out of sheer fear. To me it comes off as much more believable than the extra-fiascos in DKR. Remember, there's a bunch of shooting going on, this guy is quite big compared to her and he just yanked away her instrument. Seems to me like she's just throwing up arms to shield herself and falls to the ground to protect herself.

hotsauce32 wrote:
marshallmurphy wrote:

Haha, I mean the reaction looks silly but probably more realistic in real life.

hotsauce32 wrote:
marshallmurphy wrote:

I think the Tenet one is natural. What else would you do in that situation?

I've been checking my local cinemas here in Melbourne and Hoyts Cinemas Australia just listed Tenet's runtime of 150 minutes :o

Not sure if it's just a placeholder or not, but the runtime does work within the IMAX restraints so it could be legit

intersteIIarx wrote:
June 5th, 2020, 10:09 pm
I've been checking my local cinemas here in Melbourne and Hoyts Cinemas Australia just listed Tenet's runtime of 150 minutes :o

Not sure if it's just a placeholder or not, but the runtime does work within the IMAX restraints so it could be legit

If it happens to be true, then gotta say I was hoping for something like 2h 40 something min but it will still be Nolan so it’s all good anyways. It’s just that considering the amount of time it took to be made, I would be expecting something a little bit longer maybe but who knows.

intersteIIarx wrote:
June 5th, 2020, 10:09 pm

Sounds about right! I mean TDK is 152 minutes and it's a blockbuster superhero movie. MPAA ratings still not out though.

Productions are officially starting again in LA next week. That's a great sign. August was thrown around for a while.