TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
StarWarsIsAwesome123 wrote:
July 8th, 2020, 6:42 pm
I expect either a commitment or another delay next week.
You wont have to wait another week, expect another delay announcement by the end of this week.

If not already, done someone will post this theory on Reddit, and sadly I'm not really into Reddit.

But this is my theory:

On the official site of the film:
https://www.tenetfilm.com/?gclid=EAIaIQ ... gIjTPD_BwE

One of the two vocal commands is "Twilight World"
and you get: "...and there are no friends at dusk"

In the trailer, John David Washington says "We live in a twilight world"

"Twilight World" is the name of a song by Swing out Sister.

Some of the lyrics remind me of Tenet like

"You're living in a Twilight World" and "Time Out"

I wonder if the song has a connection to the movie like "non je ne regrette rien" in Inception.

KEM
Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
July 8th, 2020, 6:43 pm
KEM wrote:
July 8th, 2020, 4:54 pm
We’re most likely going to be seeing Nolan working with Ludwig from now on, which is a good thing as Ludwig is the future of this industry. Him and Hans are still friends, but I can assure you all that Dune had nothing to do with him not doing Tenet, their working relationship was strained so Hans most likely told him to hire Ludwig, and now we’re here.
You don’t really know if their relationship was strained because we are out of the loop on that assuming you mean like they weren’t on good terms by the end of Dunkirk. Some people here talk like they are Nolan or Hans. Sorry but until they say something official on the matter, it can all be speculation or rumors. It might be or not.
I’m a film composer myself, I know how these things work, it’s not like Chris and Hans are mad each other or anything, but it’s the same reason Hans won’t work with Ridley Scott anymore, they’re still great friends and love each other and the work they did together, but it’s obvious that Hans and Chris will most likely not be working together in the future, this has literally NOTHING to do with Dune, there was no schedule conflict there. But either way, Ludwig is the perfect choice, he’s the future of this industry and he’s the most innovate blockbuster composer out there right now, so I’d rather him stick with Ludwig anyways.

El Especial wrote:
July 8th, 2020, 7:03 pm
StarWarsIsAwesome123 wrote:
July 8th, 2020, 6:42 pm
I expect either a commitment or another delay next week.
You wont have to wait another week, expect another delay announcement by the end of this week.
Yea things are looking pretty bad in the USA now. Won't be surprised if Tenet gets delayed further. But it's good that Nolan is so insistent in pushing Tenet to be released ASAP...somehow I think we will get to watch it in 2020 and not in 2021 or further.

KEM wrote:
July 8th, 2020, 7:42 pm
I’m a film composer myself, I know how these things work, it’s not like Chris and Hans are mad each other or anything, but it’s the same reason Hans won’t work with Ridley Scott anymore, they’re still great friends and love each other and the work they did together, but it’s obvious that Hans and Chris will most likely not be working together in the future, this has literally NOTHING to do with Dune, there was no schedule conflict there. But either way, Ludwig is the perfect choice, he’s the future of this industry and he’s the most innovate blockbuster composer out there right now, so I’d rather him stick with Ludwig anyways.
I keep hearing this sentiment from people on this board, and I'm just curious what makes you guys feel this way. I had personally never heard of Ludwig until Tenet. I know he scored Black Panther, The Mandalorian, Creed, a bunch of TV stuff... none of which I've heard. If the prologue is any indication, I'll be right there cheering him on like the majority here. But... is there anything of his that truly stands out that I should listen to?

the answer is hyperbole

-Vader

KEM
Hustler wrote:
July 8th, 2020, 9:00 pm
KEM wrote:
July 8th, 2020, 7:42 pm
I keep hearing this sentiment from people on this board, and I'm just curious what makes you guys feel this way. I had personally never heard of Ludwig until Tenet. I know he scored Black Panther, The Mandalorian, Creed, a bunch of TV stuff... none of which I've heard. If the prologue is any indication, I'll be right there cheering him on like the majority here. But... is there anything of his that truly stands out that I should listen to?
Venom, that’s what made me really notice him, truly incredible score. And The Mandalorian really sealed it for me, Ludwig is doing things different, he mixed trap drums, golden age orchestration, and modern edm sound design in one project and made it work perfectly. There’s no exaggerating it, as someone close to the industry I can tell you that everyone has their eyes on him and wants him for their projects.

🙄 why are they still wasting money doing this. There’s no way it’ll open Aug 12

Man, crazy to think that if not for this pandemic, we would've been watching this movie next week :cry:

intersteIIarx wrote:
July 9th, 2020, 12:41 am

🙄 why are they still wasting money doing this. There’s no way it’ll open Aug 12
Love the confidence