TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
By the way, the screenplay book currently has a release date of September 8 on Amazon US. The secrets of Tenet still has the August 12 date.

antovolk wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 12:19 pm
Grain of salt as to how much this actually is indicative of what WB do next but the UK release date of the screenplay book (which was always day and date with the film, was set for Aug 12th just a week/two ago) has been pushed to August 27
Interesting, looks like there's ging to be another 2 week push

KEM

https://www.vulture.com/2020/07/is-tene ... ummer.html

According to two insiders, with foreign ticket sales expected to account for two-thirds of Tenet’s overall gross, Nolan and Warner executives discussed releasing the film internationally ahead of the North American rollout, a relatively risky strategy in an era of rampant overseas movie piracy, when most major motion pictures arrive in theaters worldwide on the same date. But according to these sources, the filmmaker ...wanted to help support American theaters in their time of need by sticking to the original plan.

collin49 wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 3:13 pm
https://www.vulture.com/2020/07/is-tene ... ummer.html

According to two insiders, with foreign ticket sales expected to account for two-thirds of Tenet’s overall gross, Nolan and Warner executives discussed releasing the film internationally ahead of the North American rollout, a relatively risky strategy in an era of rampant overseas movie piracy, when most major motion pictures arrive in theaters worldwide on the same date. But according to these sources, the filmmaker ...wanted to help support American theaters in their time of need by sticking to the original plan.
My man Nolan making the right decision

DUNKIRKIE wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 12:58 pm
Jesus of Suburbia wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 12:55 pm
DUNKIRKIE wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 12:46 pm

I'm more and more inclined to think that they should do so
Appprently one most hyped films in South Korea. Just opened and it just bombed. People may not be ready to go the cinemas right now.
Train to Busan sequel?
I think so. My friend said something about this morning.
So now Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, and Houston will not have school in the classroom for awhile. It is hard to see theater opening and people seeing movies when schools are not considered safe.

Apparently the movie is delayed another week in Mexico, the main chain on the country has it on august 21st from the announced 14th.

as a viewer, I’d be delighted. But after the days of discussion about how much international cinemas that are open now are arguably hurting even more by not getting access to new content, Nolan (himself a Brit) reportedly picking that decision (also Regal is UK owned! is… 😬

KEM
So are we thinking international release first followed by the US later on?