TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Durden wrote:
September 19th, 2020, 6:28 pm
marshallmurphy wrote:
September 19th, 2020, 9:22 am

I thought the scene with Kat and the Protagonist at dinner was very emotional. It's actually one of my favorite moments, and it's definitely my favorite track from the score.
Agreed. This scene is great. Debecki sells it.
I wished nolan used a slower take. Kat was firing her lines at rapid speed and it sounded mumbling even though I watched it twice in IMAX.

dragon_phoenix wrote:
September 19th, 2020, 9:34 pm
I wished nolan used a slower take. Kat was firing her lines at rapid speed and it sounded mumbling even though I watched it twice in IMAX.
Debicki always sounds a bit mumbly when she uses a British accent. Her accent in this and overall demeanor actually reminded me a bit of her character and voice in The Kettering Incident. That's just the way she speaks - or chooses to make her characters speak, which is actually probably more realistic anyway since in real life people don't talk like they were trained to pronunciate each and every word.

As for the talking fast, everyone in the movie talks super fast all the time! Lol. I really noticed it the first time I saw it, but on my second and third viewings it didn't bother me as much. The pacing felt "better" the more times I watched it.

That scene with Kat at the dinner is really emotional imo. Perfect score and her delivery of the lines is fantastic. Especially at the end when she says "Thats my life now" :clap:

Anyway, seen it 5 times in a row and then 2 times the weekend after so for now lucky number 7 :D Took my parents, then went with a friend two times and also took my sister and her husband. Everyone loved it!

Still no IMAX tho, not safe in that area, but fingers crossed I will make it there for my 8th.

does anybody have any idea what was shot on 65mm and what on IMAX? So far I have only seen this in regular Laser so I couldn't tell

whenever I see it on 70mm, it's relatively easy to notice what's shot on what, but still

Nomis wrote:
September 21st, 2020, 11:19 am
does anybody have any idea what was shot on 65mm and what on IMAX? So far I have only seen this in regular Laser so I couldn't tell

whenever I see it on 70mm, it's relatively easy to notice what's shot on what, but still
regular laser still has shifting aspect ratios but definitely harder to notice

it's the same as most of nolan's stuff in that aside from the prologue, heavy dialogue is IMAX, and action is 5/70

the climax is pretty much IMAX,
Sator/Kat boat stuff is mostly 5/70

Collector03601 wrote:
September 21st, 2020, 6:56 am
That scene with Kat at the dinner is really emotional imo. Perfect score and her delivery of the lines is fantastic. Especially at the end when she says "Thats my life now" :clap:

Anyway, seen it 5 times in a row and then 2 times the weekend after so for now lucky number 7 :D Took my parents, then went with a friend two times and also took my sister and her husband. Everyone loved it!

Still no IMAX tho, not safe in that area, but fingers crossed I will make it there for my 8th.
yea...but it was just a bit abrupt. Kat just met Protagonist in the same day which is essentially lowkey trying to blackmail her, and she just told her that her husband is threatening her?

Most YouTubers introducing this movie in their reviews:

"I just saw Christopher Nolan's new movie Tennant, starring John David Washington (Denzel Washington's son), Robert Pattison/Patterson of Twilight fame, and the abnormally tall Elizabeth Debecki."

Is it really that hard???

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
September 22nd, 2020, 9:20 am
Most YouTubers introducing this movie in their reviews:

"I just saw Christopher Nolan's new movie Tennant, starring John David Washington (Denzel Washington's son), Robert Pattison/Patterson of Twilight fame, and the abnormally tall Elizabeth Debecki."

Is it really that hard???
Wtf, who says that

WB keeps saying that Tenets cinema run will be a marathon. I guess it will definitely be in movie theaters until the release of Dune and/or WW84 in mid december.

So can we assume a clearly later bluray release than usual? Some sites claim home video release is in december. But that seems very unlikely under this circumstances :problem:

dragon_phoenix wrote:
September 21st, 2020, 12:44 pm
Collector03601 wrote:
September 21st, 2020, 6:56 am

yea...but it was just a bit abrupt. Kat just met Protagonist in the same day which is essentially lowkey trying to blackmail her, and she just told her that her husband is threatening her?
That was my first thought as well. A bit weird telling a guy she just met all these things. Then I just said to myself she must be really desperate and that made me forget about it a bit and focus more on how great she is in that scene. :)