TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
KEM
marshallmurphy wrote:
November 30th, 2020, 7:22 pm
KEM wrote:
November 30th, 2020, 7:16 pm
marshallmurphy wrote:
November 30th, 2020, 7:12 pm

I'll be purchasing the Blu-ray, ripping it, and purchasing the iTunes version as well. I got my external BD drive in October and I've already ripped several movies. It's super easy to do. Doesn't take long either. And no, I won't be torrenting or uploading online.
Do they look just as good?
They do to me. Haven't had an issue yet.
Might have to try it, if it’s too much of a hassle I’m sure someone will have a link lol

KEM wrote:
marshallmurphy wrote:
KEM wrote:
November 30th, 2020, 3:36 am
Well send em my way haha, iTunes quality is complete garbage, bought it to support Nolan and so I can watch the bts stuff but I do not want to watch the movie in that quality.
I'll be purchasing the Blu-ray, ripping it, and purchasing the iTunes version as well. I got my external BD drive in October and I've already ripped several movies. It's super easy to do. Doesn't take long either. And no, I won't be torrenting or uploading online.
Quality doesn't deteriorate from a rip; it's a direct bit-by-bit match when ripping into a container such as MKV. Quality loss only occurs when you do something such as a re-encode.

My only problem with a rip is not the act itself; I simply can't get back 23.976 FPS playback from my source. Other people can if they have the right hardware or software.

KEM
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
December 1st, 2020, 4:03 am
KEM wrote:
marshallmurphy wrote:

Quality doesn't deteriorate from a rip; it's a direct bit-by-bit match when ripping into a container such as MKV. Quality loss only occurs when you do something such as a re-encode.

My only problem with a rip is not the act itself; I simply can't get back 23.976 FPS playback from my source. Other people can if they have the right hardware or software.
I need to find such people...

KEM wrote:
December 1st, 2020, 12:49 pm
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
KEM wrote:

No, what I mean is your monitor/television needs to be able to operate in 24Hz, as would your computer/HTPC.

When I make my custom-cropped versions, I burn them to a Blu-ray disc and can playback into my PS3, and bam! Lossless audio codec recognized, 23.976 FPS in order, and all is right in the world.

KEM
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
December 1st, 2020, 2:42 pm
KEM wrote:
December 1st, 2020, 12:49 pm
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:

No, what I mean is your monitor/television needs to be able to operate in 24Hz, as would your computer/HTPC.

When I make my custom-cropped versions, I burn them to a Blu-ray disc and can playback into my PS3, and bam! Lossless audio codec recognized, 23.976 FPS in order, and all is right in the world.
Well here’s my exact monitor lol, and right now I’m on a MacBook Pro but I’m gonna be switching to PC again

i`ve got a mid 2012 macbook pro and i dont have issues with 24fps nor 23.97fps playback, i suspect this is not so clearly cut a "hardware" issue ?

Nicolaslabra wrote:
December 1st, 2020, 11:45 pm
i`ve got a mid 2012 macbook pro and i dont have issues with 24fps nor 23.97fps playback, i suspect this is not so clearly cut a "hardware" issue ?
Do you have a monitor where you can enable a 24 Hz mode? Just curious.

I just bought a 27" IPS monitor for the garage, and noticed that it can do 1920x1080 at 24 Hz, but it can only do 3840x2160 at 30 Hz. Even if it could, my laptop can't do 3840x2160, though my desktop can. Anyway, all of these combinations don't extend to my home theater system anyway. The point on my end is that burning to disc is worth it for me.

(oh, and iTunes/Netflix/Vudu/Hulu streaming doesn't give me 23.976 FPS either, so boo to that)

the Chinese subtitle translation of Tenet when it's being released in theaters SUCKS big time, blatant errors, omission... making this unfriendly film even more hard to understand.

anyway me and couple of friends worked our asses off recently and made a fine version of Chinese subtitle and put it on the Internet. it will be quite a improvement i believe. Proud of ourselves!

DUNKIRKIE wrote:
December 2nd, 2020, 6:44 am
the Chinese subtitle translation of Tenet when it's being released in theaters SUCKS big time, blatant errors, omission... making this unfriendly film even more hard to understand.

anyway me and couple of friends worked our asses off recently and made a fine version of Chinese subtitle and put it on the Internet. it will be quite a improvement i believe. Proud of ourselves!
i take my hat off to you guys, it also angers me to see lazy subtitle work, Netflix and other streaming services are quite guilty of this too and it drives me nuts.