TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Also it’s important to note that Nolan takes longer to shoot than typical for the given size of the movie. Four months seems about right for a Dunkirk-sized movie.

^ There he goes again.

Mr. Alley wrote:
April 8th, 2019, 3:18 pm
Nolan62 wrote:
April 8th, 2019, 2:53 pm
Nothing really new, in fact just a little information, but we're so close now, more informations are coming little by little :gonf: :gonf: :
https://hnentertainment.co/christopher- ... september/
https://twitter.com/GeekVibesNews/statu ... 4402992128
Interesting! If June to September is true that would make this a quite short shooting period. For comparison: Inception and Interstellar both were shot from June to December. Would be similar to Dunkirk (May to August).
Doesn't quite match to the more than epic descriptions we're getting.
I think we'll get something nobody expects - just like Dunkirk :gonf:
Interstellar shooting began in August and finished in November.
Last edited by Collins on April 8th, 2019, 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Considering Inception and Interstellar were also around four months, it's safe to compare this film as the same size as those two as well - not just Dunkirk. This new one is most likely bigger than Dunkirk.

I'd guess the budget at between $120 million and $170 million.

Inception budget: $160 million, 5 month shoot
Interstellar budget: $165 million, 4 month shoot
Dunkirk budget: $100 million, 4 month shoot

MyCocaine wrote:
April 8th, 2019, 6:11 pm
Nolan works fast. He is on the same track as Clint Eastwood in regards to schedule.

He can easily do a massive blockbuster in four months.
exactly

This idea was sparked by a tweet from Brendan, and this is really just a silly thought experiment, BUT hear me out:

What if Nolan is kinda doing Roshomon, but with events taking place at full scale. He kind of plays with this idea in Dunkirk, so maybe he's just compounding on it.

What if we see subjective/alternative/contradictory versions of the same story from each of the leads points of view?

A movie with a full narrative, but told three times, each with a different take on the events. This would allow Nolan to write and film a normal movie's amount of material, but turn it into something long-form and, in a way, revolutionary.

Okay, thanks for reading my weird idea.

It's definitely possible. There's shades of that in Inception and The Prestige too.

-Vader

anikom15 wrote:
April 8th, 2019, 6:49 pm
Also it’s important to note that Nolan takes longer to shoot than typical for the given size of the movie. Four months seems about right for a Dunkirk-sized movie.
Dude just stop

:gonf:

TeddyBlass wrote:
April 8th, 2019, 8:04 pm
This idea was sparked by a tweet from Brendan, and this is really just a silly thought experiment, BUT hear me out:

What if Nolan is kinda doing Roshomon, but with events taking place at full scale. He kind of plays with this idea in Dunkirk, so maybe he's just compounding on it.

What if we see subjective/alternative/contradictory versions of the same story from each of the leads points of view?

A movie with a full narrative, but told three times, each with a different take on the events. This would allow Nolan to write and film a normal movie's amount of material, but turn it into something long-form and, in a way, revolutionary.

Okay, thanks for reading my weird idea.
Or maybe something like Lola Rennt, but with a sequence of story events progressively altered through time travel.