TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
April 7th, 2019, 10:07 pm
lynchfan wrote:
April 7th, 2019, 10:05 pm
What if the actual title to the movie is 'Untitled 2020 Nolan Film'?
I'm still going with no title. I hate to keep reposting this teaser trailer, but if you've missed it, it's gold.

excellent

I'm wondering which movie the teaser is going to be attached to.
Is it going to be that Fast and Furious spin-off? :think: :blank:

Mahiya_Borden wrote:
April 8th, 2019, 3:20 am
Star Wars

DHOPW42 wrote:
April 8th, 2019, 5:10 am
Mahiya_Borden wrote:
April 8th, 2019, 3:20 am
Star Wars
Just a guess based what they did with Dunkirk (might change of course), maybe a prologue or a special IMAX trailer with SW or even just the full trailer in December. A teaser around August/September. A second trailer April/May.

Pattinson is doing promotion for his current movie, High Life, and he has mentioned the Nolan project a few times. This is a new quote from an interview for Gannett newspapers:
Working with these important directors makes you feel more secure in the choices you're making. Like, I'm doing a big movie with Christopher Nolan after this. It's the craziest thing I've seen in years. It's the length of three movies.
He also said during a Q&A last Thursday that the film started "next month". I am a Rob fan (I come in peace), so I will point out that in the fandom we joke about something called "Rob Math", which is his total inability to get dates and things like this correct and is a master of good natured exaggeration. I would take the "length of three movies" with a huge grain of salt. I'm guessing something along the lines of "it's really long" ... and "I'm starting to shoot soon" instead of precise lengths/dates.

Edit: I forgot to link the article: https://www.azcentral.com/story/enterta ... 310838002/

senseandsarcasm wrote:
April 8th, 2019, 9:17 am
Pattinson is doing promotion for his current movie, High Life, and he has mentioned the Nolan project a few times. This is a new quote from an interview for Gannett newspapers:
Working with these important directors makes you feel more secure in the choices you're making. Like, I'm doing a big movie with Christopher Nolan after this. It's the craziest thing I've seen in years. It's the length of three movies.
He also said during a Q&A last Thursday that the film started "next month". I am a Rob fan (I come in peace), so I will point out that in the fandom we joke about something called "Rob Math", which is his total inability to get dates and things like this correct and is a master of good natured exaggeration. I would take the "length of three movies" with a huge grain of salt. I'm guessing something along the lines of "it's really long" ... and "I'm starting to shoot soon" instead of precise lengths/dates.

Edit: I forgot to link the article: https://www.azcentral.com/story/enterta ... 310838002/
oh wow, good find and welcome.

Regardless of what the "three films long" thing indicates, unless he plans on shooting sequels, having an intermission of some sort, or going digital, he's going to have to make sure this 2020 film release is cut to 167 minutes, since that is the maximum length of an IMAX platter.
Last edited by MuffinMcFluffin on April 8th, 2019, 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oku
senseandsarcasm wrote:
April 8th, 2019, 9:17 am

Yeah, he probably means the duration of filming, not the running time of the film.

Edit:

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
April 8th, 2019, 10:49 am
Regardless of what the "three films long" thing indicates, unless he plans on shooting sequels, having an intermission of some sort, or going digital, he's going to have to make sure this 2020 film release is cut to 167 minutes, since that is the maximum length of an IMAX platter.
This is another reason that I wish he would stop being so beholden to IMAX (among many reasons).

I'm 99% sure that the IMAX platter limit affected the editing choices for The Dark Knight Rises and Interstellar, even if he would never admit it.

Edit: better wording

oh boy!

I don't... I.. mean is it a good idea to release a film that is longer than 167 minutes? Sometimes limitations create better outcomes. And it's not like he's frustrated by the time limit. He's passionate about IMAX, it's his choice to shoot in that format lol. I don't think TDK, TDKR, and INTERSTELLAR are rushed or affected by the time limit at all.

Too early to discuss the length of the movie. Would rather guess how long the screenplay is lol because things could change in editing. My guess is 130-140 pages.

But what Pattinson said is interesting. Length of three movies... He's definitely exaggerating because that can't be the shooting time because they'll have to do post quickly to get it done on time. Fishing for every detail that comes out...