TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
DylanHoang wrote:
June 6th, 2020, 3:20 pm
Dutch cinemas are showing the prologue with their re-release of Interstellar it seems.
Is there a chance that the prologue will be an updated cut? The prologue released last December has sound issues pertaining to JDW's dialogue.

The Special One wrote:
June 6th, 2020, 1:00 am
intersteIIarx wrote:
June 5th, 2020, 10:09 pm
I've been checking my local cinemas here in Melbourne and Hoyts Cinemas Australia just listed Tenet's runtime of 150 minutes :o

Not sure if it's just a placeholder or not, but the runtime does work within the IMAX restraints so it could be legit

:gonf:
My local says 45 minutes. Seems legit.

dragon_phoenix wrote:
June 6th, 2020, 4:06 pm
DylanHoang wrote:
June 6th, 2020, 3:20 pm
Dutch cinemas are showing the prologue with their re-release of Interstellar it seems.
Is there a chance that the prologue will be an updated cut? The prologue released last December has sound issues pertaining to JDW's dialogue.
personally, I don’t think so

pretty cool poster. Can't wait for a release date confirmation so we can finally get another official Tenet Poster.

Super cool poster. Very odd having Aaron Taylor Johnson on there and not Branaghovich

I like it too but can't get over the spacing on "A CHRISTOPHER NOLAN FILM" where it makes it look like "ACHRISTOPHER"

...you're welcome :lol:

Just wanted to give y'all another update on things I've gathered and speculated so far. I'm sure a lot of you have already covered a lot of the things I'm going to say, but I'm going to try and piece a few new elements together (more about the world of tenet rather than the plot) that we've all discussed over time...

Maxwell's Demon:
It is very obvious that the big technology/physics machine used in this movie will be some sort of tangible machinery that is going to bring Maxwell's Demon thought experiment to life. Additionally, somebody is probably weaponizing it (maybe Branagh).
Maxwell's demon in short basically states that you can create order from disorder. The demon suggests that you can put things back together without using any energy at all. Watch the New Rockstars video if you want a better grasp of this. I think that this is the threat that is supposedly "something worse" than WW3.

Edit: Debicki's character's son is named Max. Pretty interesting stuff.

Sator Square:
It will be interesting to see how the sator square will come into play. There's really not much evidence of it yet but I will speculate a little. To start, the sator square was originally found in Pompeii. it has been noted that the film will include some form of evolution through the passing of time or "time travel" (even though traditional time travel has been ruled out). We know that Nolan has been hiding the climax scene in the movie from viewers, but I think we can all confirm that it will take place at eagle mountain...the 10k+ acre desert set. Maybe this will be Pompeii? Obviously this is probably a long shot but thought I'd bring it up.

More sator square hints:
We know the sator square was a set gift.
We know that the word tenet is in the sator square (obviously, lol)
One thing that I found very interesting is that Fiona Dourif's character name is "Wheeler". Rotas in the sator square is defined as "(rotās, accusative plural of rota) wheels; (verb) you (singular) turn or cause to rotate.". So this is our hint at Nolan applying symbolism into character names similar to how he has in past films, such as Inception.
Two "OPERA" houses are used as sets. The fictional Ukrainian opera house located in Estonia, and oslo opera house.
That's really all I could think of at the moment, but let's definitely get this post up for responses, debate, etc.

rotas wrote:
June 7th, 2020, 1:24 am
Just wanted to give y'all another update on things I've gathered and speculated so far. I'm sure a lot of you have already covered a lot of the things I'm going to say, but I'm going to try and piece a few new elements together (more about the world of tenet rather than the plot) that we've all discussed over time...

Maxwell's Demon:
It is very obvious that the big technology/physics machine used in this movie will be some sort of tangible machinery that is going to bring Maxwell's Demon thought experiment to life. Additionally, somebody is probably weaponizing it (maybe Branagh).
Maxwell's demon in short basically states that you can create order from disorder. The demon suggests that you can put things back together without using any energy at all. Watch the New Rockstars video if you want a better grasp of this. I think that this is the threat that is supposedly "something worse" than WW3.

Sator Square:
It will be interesting to see how the sator square will come into play. There's really not much evidence of it yet but I will speculate a little. To start, the sator square was originally found in Pompeii. it has been noted that the film will include some form of evolution through the passing of time or "time travel" (even though traditional time travel has been ruled out). We know that Nolan has been hiding the climax scene in the movie from viewers, but I think we can all confirm that it will take place at eagle mountain...the 10k+ acre desert set. Maybe this will be Pompeii? Obviously this is probably a long shot but thought I'd bring it up.

More sator square hints:
One thing that I found very interesting is that Fiona Dourif's character name is "Wheeler". Rotas in the sator square is defined as "(rotās, accusative plural of rota) wheels; (verb) you (singular) turn or cause to rotate.". So this is our hint at Nolan applying symbolism into character names similar to how he has in past films, such as Inception.
Two "OPERA" houses are used as sets. The fictional Ukrainian opera house located in Estonia, and oslo opera house.
That's really all I could think of at the moment, but let's definitely get this post up for responses, debate, etc.
Awesome ideas! I've seen several people on here mention Maxwell's Demon recently. I think I must have missed that discussion because I have no idea what that is. Did a quick read on Wikipedia though and it sounds freaking amazing.

What do you think the kid being named Max might have to do with this? Unlike the other character names, that one has been listed for quite some time, so I'm sure that it's the real name and not something someone just made up.

rotas wrote:

Maxwell's Demon:

Sator Square:

More sator square hints:
Check this out for further more palindromes.

enfitt wrote:
June 7th, 2020, 11:08 am
rotas wrote:

Maxwell's Demon:

Sator Square:

More sator square hints:
Check this out for further more palindromes.
Since you are into this. Has any of you seen any signs of the Sator Square whatsoever?