TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
intersteIIarx wrote:
June 5th, 2020, 10:09 pm
I've been checking my local cinemas here in Melbourne and Hoyts Cinemas Australia just listed Tenet's runtime of 150 minutes :o

Not sure if it's just a placeholder or not, but the runtime does work within the IMAX restraints so it could be legit

Is that a new listing? Like did they update it recently? I’ve been checking my local theater and it still says 2 hours, which is just the default they use for movies with unknown runtimes.

I was hoping for a lot longer, so I wish this wasn’t true. All websites have a different default for unknown runtimes. Do they list Wonder Woman 1984 as the same thing?

marshallmurphy wrote:
June 5th, 2020, 11:45 pm
Is that a new listing? Like did they update it recently? I’ve been checking my local theater and it still says 2 hours, which is just the default they use for movies with unknown runtimes.

I was hoping for a lot longer, so I wish this wasn’t true. All websites have a different default for unknown runtimes. Do they list Wonder Woman 1984 as the same thing?
Yes it's a new listing. It wasn't there yesterday. They've listed WW84 with a runtime of 140mins... so who knows if they're accurate or just random placeholder runtimes

intersteIIarx wrote:
June 5th, 2020, 10:09 pm
I've been checking my local cinemas here in Melbourne and Hoyts Cinemas Australia just listed Tenet's runtime of 150 minutes :o

Not sure if it's just a placeholder or not, but the runtime does work within the IMAX restraints so it could be legit

:gonf:

hotsauce32 wrote:
June 5th, 2020, 4:44 pm
marshallmurphy wrote:
June 5th, 2020, 3:38 pm
Oh my. That is hilarious. So do extras typically just pretend like they're being beaten up, and then the "bad guy" is added in later with CGI? How could this even happen?
Just subpar stunt choreography in that particular moment, but I think they did the best they could, considering they had hundreds of extras to coordinate.

If you watch that scene and pay attention to nothing but the extras, their "fighting" is mostly shoving matches. Some of it works well when the camera is moving, the depth of field is shallower (focus is on Bats/Bane), and there's smoke or snow to cover it up. But in shots where the extras are clear and in focus, there are laughable moments :lol:

There's even a similar moment in the Tenet prologue:
Not necessarily an "invisible" bad guy, there's a thug right there who yanks the cello(?) away. But the actress reacts to it very weirdly :lol:
The tenet prologue moment is not weird at all. She seems genuinely frightened and isn't sure what that terrorist was going to do. The TDKR stuff is laughably bad.

I still think about this a lot. The fact that we haven't seen Pattinson in a gas mask in any bts, press releases or trailer content is weird.

Is this a classic case of Pattinson exaggerating or is Nolan hiding something big about Pattinson's character? I can't figure it out, if he's an agent also shouldn't he be wearing a mask too like JDW?

Yes i think about this, too. Maybe all the trailers and footage just purposely didn’t show him wearing mask, maybe?

Oku
It sounds consistent with what that one extra said, and what we saw in the trailers and TV spots so far, so there's definitely a grain of truth to it.

Forum Pro
Dutch cinemas are showing the prologue with their re-release of Interstellar it seems.

This is awesome

intersteIIarx wrote:
June 6th, 2020, 6:33 am

I still think about this a lot. The fact that we haven't seen Pattinson in a gas mask in any bts, press releases or trailer content is weird.

Is this a classic case of Pattinson exaggerating or is Nolan hiding something big about Pattinson's character? I can't figure it out, if he's an agent also shouldn't he be wearing a mask too like JDW?
I think we just haven't seen any footages with Pattinson wearing a mask. We have seen both good guys and bad guys wearing gas mask. I don't think it implies anything. He probably mention it to his friends because it was uncomfortable.