TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
:lol:

It’s just funny to me because I had an encounter with the man himself about this. Some sort of inside joke with one of the admins of his fan page. Lots of fans kept bringing this Tenet vs. Dune thing and those who are close to him keep hinting that it’s not the case but he still wants people to believe that Dune is the reason he’s not doing Tenet.

So believe what you want. I’d love for them to collaborate again, maybe even a collaboration with Ludwig but don’t be surprised if he goes look Nolan has Ludwig now he doesn’t need me.
Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
July 9th, 2020, 3:10 pm
Hans said in the past that he was done doing superhero scores and yet here we are. We’ll have to wait and see if it’s "obvious that Hans and Chris will most likely not be working together in the future" in the long run. Who knows.
Hans did not want to do another Batman project. Tom Holkenborg was supposed to take care of the Batman part. Hans ended up writing it anyway. You can tell be had the most fun creating the Wonder Woman theme and developing his Superman theme. So ob Justice League he just handed it over to JXL. Again, if you follow Hans and watch/read enough of his interviews you can tell that he’s incredibly humble and very diplomatic.

Dark Phoenix allowed to write new themes for new characters he hadn’t composed for before and to execute ideas he had for a long time. And for WW84 I think he actually approached Patty to do it because he wants to develop the theme he wrote for her.
Last edited by Tarssauce on July 9th, 2020, 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tarssauce wrote:
July 9th, 2020, 4:07 pm
:lol:

It’s just funny to me because I had an encounter with the man himself about this. Some sort of inside joke with one of the admins of his fan page. Lots of fans kept bringing this Tenet vs. Dune thing and those who are close to him keep hinting that it’s not the case but he still wants people to believe that Dune is the reason he’s not doing Tenet.

So believe what you want. I’d love for them to collaborate again, maybe even a collaboration with Ludwig but don’t be surprised if he goes look Nolan has Ludwig now he doesn’t need me.
Right, good for you. I guess one thing or the other could happen. At the end of the day, it’s all up to them.

Let’s see if Jennifer Lame will keep working with Nolan in the future too.

I don't know why you are all discussing Zimmer and Nolan.
No one here knows anything about anything that might have happened, or the real reasons behind this choice. It's all speculation.

You don't know if Nolan asked Zimmer. You don't know what Zimmer said. You don't know if one got upset with the other (I don't think so). You don't know if Zimmer recommended Ludwig. We don't know shit!!

Also, to all of you saying that Ludwig/Nolan should continue in the future because the score will be awesome without seeing the whole movie.. I mean, what the hell? What I hear is great, and I liked it.. but it was too little to judge the whole picture.

KEM
filipeG wrote:
July 9th, 2020, 6:16 pm
No one here knows anything about anything that might have happened, or the real reasons behind this choice. It's all speculation.

You don't know if Nolan asked Zimmer. You don't know what Zimmer said. You don't know if one got upset with the other (I don't think so). You don't know if Zimmer recommended Ludwig. We don't know shit!!

Also, to all of you saying that Ludwig/Nolan should continue in the future because the score will be awesome without seeing the whole movie.. I mean, what the hell? What I hear is great, and I liked it.. but it was too little to judge the whole picture.
Is it so hard to believe that some people actually have connections?

KEM wrote:
July 9th, 2020, 6:42 pm
filipeG wrote:

No. Either way unless the story comes directly from Nolan or Zimmer, I always take it with a grain of salt. The "I heard that someone who knows said" is too much vague and most times not 100% reliable.

Oku
Good discussion.

Also an additional factor to take into account is the Dunkirk TV spot with never-heard-before orchestral music that is now sadly deleted (discussion on it: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=25974&view=unread#unread)

Supposedly it was a tiny tease/snippet of what Mr. Zimmer originally intended to be Dunkirk's score, and melody-wise, it was really good.

I don't think that it's a stretch to say that Mr. Zimmer had crafted up an Interstellar-score-2.0, only to be told by Mr. Nolan to scrap it all because what he wanted wasn't a sweeping, melodic orchestral score, but tension, tension, tension with tiny bits of Nimrod sprinkled throughout.

Having all your hard work turned to ashes would be extremely painful, making it understandable that their relationship has cooled and that they may never work with each other again.

Now you’re going off the rails with this lol.

He was asked about this supposed “alternative orchestral score”. I’ll try to find his answer. To be clear, intensity and suspense was there from day one. Hans first “demo” for Dunkirk was long suite/tempo map full of ticking, foot steps, heartbeats, etc... completely sound based. You actually hear some of it in the prologue I think.

It’s interesting that Nolan spoke about the score more than Zimmer did (probably due to being busy with the tour though).

filipeG wrote:
July 9th, 2020, 7:54 pm
KEM wrote:
July 9th, 2020, 6:42 pm
filipeG wrote:

No. Either way unless the story comes directly from Nolan or Zimmer, I always take it with a grain of salt. The "I heard that someone who knows said" is too much vague and most times not 100% reliable.
Exactly. Agree for the most part. People with a longer time in the industry have many more connections and yet were so wrong about information they got from trusted sources because messages can sometimes get distorted when going through and through. It wouldn’t be the first person. So it’s always a 50/50 for me when it comes to that because you don’t really know how everything really went down internally.

There's only one thing that I find really strange.
And it's from an actual Zimmer quote, where he says something like he had spoken with Nolan and Nolan told him he was sitting on a blank page. This happened while Nolan was taking a longer time to start a new project.

New information from Nolan himself as well, tells he was thinking about this project years ago.

So I wonder how both versions fit together like, did he had an unfinished script and was trying to figure it out? Writers block..Or only had the ideas and not started to write it..
I doubt when Nolan said that to Zimmer he had nothing, and a few months latter a fully exceptional script.

I think that was a figure of speech, Nolan was likely just broadly speaking about writer's block.