TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Nicolaslabra wrote:
June 3rd, 2020, 6:49 pm
speedy117 wrote:
June 3rd, 2020, 6:37 pm
ninenin wrote:
June 3rd, 2020, 5:53 pm

They filmed the two guys in SWAT gear running backwards with the stretcher. They were trained in how to move in a way that looks natural when the footage is reversed. The firefighters were acting normally. The footage is played in reverse.
I'm having a hard time imagining that, it seems so hard. How would they know if they got the shot if they are shooting on film?
i think you can record the image from the video assist, that way you can watch it instantly, just to get an idea of the shot, Chris usually watches it on his own little monitor as we saw in a video form TDKR shoot, when shooting the alley shootout hehe.

Just to add on, those scenes where JDW and Pattinson characters have face covered and no dialogue are probably performed by the stuntmen.

I love how this Christopher Nolan ...

(the dude who is known for a body of work that typically has kind of despairing and psychologically disturbing themes that touch on things like existentialism, fear of conspiracy and identity dissociation)

... believes his film is exactly the kind of thing millions of people want to see after a multiple month period of global pandemic, economic disaster, social unrest and depression.

Nicolaslabra wrote:
June 3rd, 2020, 6:49 pm
speedy117 wrote:
June 3rd, 2020, 6:37 pm
ninenin wrote:
June 3rd, 2020, 5:53 pm

They filmed the two guys in SWAT gear running backwards with the stretcher. They were trained in how to move in a way that looks natural when the footage is reversed. The firefighters were acting normally. The footage is played in reverse.
I'm having a hard time imagining that, it seems so hard. How would they know if they got the shot if they are shooting on film?
i think you can record the image from the video assist, that way you can watch it instantly, just to get an idea of the shot, Chris usually watches it on his own little monitor as we saw in a video form TDKR shoot, when shooting the alley shootout hehe.
Indeed. Modern film cameras feature a video-out for playback. The Total Film piece mentioned Nolan watching playback on the little monitor he wears on his neck.

Cilogy wrote:
June 3rd, 2020, 11:26 pm

(the dude who is known for a body of work that typically has kind of despairing and psychologically disturbing themes that touch on things like existentialism, fear of conspiracy and identity dissociation)

... believes his film is exactly the kind of thing millions of people want to see after a multiple month period of global pandemic, economic disaster, social unrest and depression.
What will be suited then? A romantic-comedy? War film?

I doubt a sci-fi spy movie would be turn off to people. Nolan's main crowd are relatively young people anyway. I doubt the pandemic will affect the mood for such a movie that much.

Cilogy wrote:

Shame on you Cil, not once since Prestige did I feel hopeless and helpless after a Nolan film. He always gives you a glimmer of hope, something to hold onto. See: Batman Begins, TDK, TDKR, Inception, Interstellar, even Dunkirk tells you to fight for another day despite everything.

m4st4 wrote:
June 3rd, 2020, 11:50 pm
Cilogy wrote:

Shame on you Cil, not once since Prestige did I feel hopeless and helpless after a Nolan film. He always gives you a glimmer of hope, something to hold onto. See: Batman Begins, TDK, TDKR, Inception, Interstellar, even Dunkirk tells you to fight for another day despite everything.
I concur. I watched TDR with 0 spoilers. The Joker's social experiment for the bomb in two ships scene surprised me and sends a powerful positive message.

Nolan is at heart a very optimistic person.

Only Memento and Following are inherently very dark piece (but not that sombre). The rest of his feature films basically have a very positive message for humanity, albeit with occasional bouts of darkness.

dragon_phoenix wrote:
June 4th, 2020, 12:21 am
m4st4 wrote:
Cilogy wrote:

I concur. I watched TDR with 0 spoilers. The Joker's social experiment for the bomb in two ships scene surprised me and sends a powerful positive message.

Only Memento and Following are inherently very dark piece (but not that sombre). The rest of his feature films basically have a very positive message for humanity, albeit with occasional bouts of darkness.
His films tend to be more morally complex actually and I hope he keeps doing that in the years to come. The prestige is pretty dark once you realize that none of them did only good or positive things since they went to great lengths for their obsession. Insomnia too.

It comes to me as a bit of a shock that so many people view Chris`s cinema as depressing or somber, there are elements of that sure, but almost all of his endings suggest a very optimistic person behind them, after all Chris Nolan is one who rages at the dying of the light.

Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
June 4th, 2020, 12:36 am
dragon_phoenix wrote:
June 4th, 2020, 12:21 am
m4st4 wrote:

His films tend to be more morally complex actually and I hope he keeps doing that in the years to come. The prestige is pretty dark once you realize that none of them did only good or positive things since they went to great lengths for their obsession. Insomnia too.
Yea but The Prestige and Insomnia are not original screenplay, so there's any so much he can change the story.

intersteIIarx wrote:
June 3rd, 2020, 10:17 am
another poster made by boss logic
Doctor Strange :)

That reminded me: I have a feeling there will be multiple people saying the reverse stuff was already done in MCU :lol: Now what to tell them? "In camera you mean? On film you mean?!" :lol: :lol: :lol: