TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
rotas wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 1:28 am
I know a lot of people think that the trailer gave away too much information. I can understand but consider this. Think of the trailer to Inception for example. They give away that the movie will be based on dreams and stealing ideas from other people's dreams. Of course, that is a huge component of the movie and was a giveaway at the time, although dreams were only a small component of the whole movie. The overarching theme and motivation behind Cobb doing this one last job within dreams were so that he could go home to see his children. I think that we can all agree that we were more emotionally attached to the theme of love in the movie than the actual dreaming component itself. Without motivation and the theme of love, the plot is dry.

Inversion is going to be the big component in Tenet, but I'm only going to consider it as a small piece of what the overarching theme of the whole movie is intending to be. Nolan is so good at tying love into his plots, so I am curious about what the emotional appeal is behind using this inversion tactic. What point of the plot is going to choke us up a little and make us get emotional? Is it to save a loved one? To save himself? This is what makes Nolan's movies so well done in my opinion. He is able to create actual emotional meaning behind what would be just another thriller/action film.
Excellent points, I agree. Nolan is hiding so much of the film.

Michaelf2225 wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 8:59 am
assuming this is out July 17th with some covid-precautions, how is buying tickets in advance going to work? can i sit next to the people i go with? will certain seats be grayed out?

this is gonna be whacky
I wanna know the same.

Nadatotem wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 9:37 am
This looks so much like Inception - Why? Because it's his style or because it's supposed to be the same world? Not unlike any of you on here - I spotted at least a few scenes that were identical.
Also, this:
in·ver·sion
A reversal of the normal decrease of air temperature with altitude, or of water temperature with depth.
= Oxygen masks
(Excuse me if this has been said already - too many pages to look through : )
Because it's his style, it's not set in the same world.

Same goes for any movie director. Tarantino will use the same dialogue tones with people saying "fuck" every 3 seconds and at least 15 liters of fake blood.

I don't think Inception and Tenet will give the same vibes.

Forum Pro
Master Virgo wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 5:17 am
Missed opportunity to name the film Inversion, and thus making it the fourth Nolan movie that starts with an "In". :blank:
Even if he did consider that at one point, I'm glad he didn't; it would have given away the concept right from the get-go. "Tenet" maintains the mystery.

Master Virgo wrote:
Missed opportunity to name the film Inversion, and thus making it the fourth Nolan movie that starts with an "In". :blank:
Not a missed opportunity. Tenet is way better as it is more mysterious and a lot less redundant in the medium because there’s even a movie from 2016 called Inversion. Besides, being the Sator Square part of the film, it’s more intriguing.

If you ask me, it would’ve been a missed opportunity to not have called it Tenet.

Michaelf2225 wrote:
assuming this is out July 17th with some covid-precautions, how is buying tickets in advance going to work? can i sit next to the people i go with? will certain seats be grayed out?

this is gonna be whacky

Oku
Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 11:08 am
Master Virgo wrote:
Not a missed opportunity. Tenet is way better as it is more mysterious and a lot less redundant in the medium because there’s even a movie from 2016 called Inversion. Besides, being the Sator Square part of the film, it’s more intriguing.

If you ask me, it would’ve been a missed opportunity to not have called it Tenet.
Just going off the trailer alone, Inversion is actually a waaay better title, because it is a good encapsulation of the premise/rules/world the movie and is catchy and similar to Inception.

Just off the trailer, mind you, not the final film, where I hope the film will do a good job of convincing us on the merits of TENET as the film's title.

Edit: maybe "waaay better" is a bit too far lol. I should have said "I would not have minded it if Inversion had been the title". Again, just off this one trailer, not the final film.

Michaelf2225 wrote:

this is gonna be whacky
Some theaters where I'm at are open, so I can confirm that some seats will be grayed out. They have it set up where you can sit with one other person, then they leave two empty seats. You can check it out here if you want to:

https://www.santikos.com/showtimes/

Forum Pro
A big thing to consider about the marketing and awareness campaign is the return of the NBA and MLB, but the NBA mostly. There’s been a lot of talk about the NBA coming back on the 21st of June.

The_Maestro wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 5:47 am
I'm speculating that JDW's character will have to stop Branagh's character Biff from gaining a monopoly over the world's resources and becoming a living God by jumping between the normal and inverted timelines and causing devolution.

The undoing of all human and technological development is the thing that is worse than WW3/Armageddon.
this is really good