TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
What the fuck has this thread turned into

radewart wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 11:24 pm
Looking at the Amazon webpage for the book, it says that Kenneth Branagh is doing the Afterword and JDW is doing the Foreword. Just though that was cool...

I noticed that too.

At the same time, I just ordered a 2nd hand copy of 'Making of Memento'

radewart wrote:
Looking at the Amazon webpage for the book, it says that Kenneth Branagh is doing the Afterword and JDW is doing the Foreword. Just though that was cool...
I wonder if that's a clever/subtle clue to some plot points r.e. their characters. Calling it now, JDW is from forward-time universe and Kenneth Branagh is from the rival reverse-time universe.

ninenin wrote:
May 12th, 2020, 12:35 am
radewart wrote:
I wonder if that's a clever/subtle clue to some plot points r.e. their characters. Calling it now, JDW is from forward-time universe and Kenneth Branagh is from the rival reverse-time universe.
And both of them fall for the same girl... that would be epic. Multi-dimensional palindrome.

antovolk wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 10:58 am
Moving a bit from the whole cinemas/COVID discussion, the making-of book has been retitled:

The Secrets of Tenet: Inside Christopher Nolan's Quantum Cold War
Discover the secrets of Christopher Nolan's Tenet with this exclusive behind-the-scenes look at 2020's most anticipated film.

FROM DIRECTOR CHRISTOPHER NOLAN comes a mind-blowing espionage thriller so unique that audiences will puzzle over its intricacies for years to come. The Secrets of Tenet takes readers on an exclusive journey into Nolan's time-bending masterpiece, offering rare insights into all aspects of its creation. Featuring in-depth commentary from Nolan himself and a range of other key collaborators--including producer Emma Thomas and production designer Nathan Crowley--The Secrets of Tenet delivers an essential masterclass that lays bare the director's process and his singular creative vision. Illustrated with candid behind-the-scenes imagery and compelling conceptual art, this is the ultimate exploration of a film guaranteed to linger in the imagination long into the future . . . and perhaps the past.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Making-Tenet-J ... 1647220602
:clap: :gonf:

Still no official news? :(

gropercity wrote:
May 12th, 2020, 1:46 am
Still no official news? :(
Any day now.

I don't expect an official announcement that Tenet will stay in its original July 17th date. instead, I think WB will do something via social media similar to what they did right before the 1st official trailer in December.

The Special One wrote:
May 12th, 2020, 2:31 am
I don't expect an official announcement that Tenet will stay in its original July 17th date. instead, I think WB will do something via social media similar to what they did right before the 1st official trailer in December.
'Much more subtle' in Michael Caine's voice in Batman trilogy.

Flutterby wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 10:39 pm
anikom15 wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 8:03 pm
The Chinese population is literally racist.

This is not something that can be argued against.
Most retarded thing I've read on there, and I read McCrabb's tweets.

China is as racist as America, Europe or anyone else individually if you want to see it this way. I live in Japan but my wife is Chinese, so I've spent lots of time in both of these countries. And, oh surprise, turns out Japan is way more racist than China. But you know, as long as media decides to show what they want, China will always be the big bad wolf and the rest are all nice sheep. China's government is to blame for many awful things, but you cannot blame its population (as they are, actually, the first to suffer from it).

I don't want to talk politics anymore because that's not the point of this forum, so please stick to the topic from now on. Just couldn't let such a stupid statement go unnoticed.
I never said Japan wasn't racist.