TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Vader182 wrote:
May 20th, 2020, 12:00 am
Chris Nolan - *whisper voice* pretty much his whole career?

-Vader
I know we're all Nolan fanbots here, but this is pretty incredible even when viewed objectively. One could go Prestige, TDK, Inception, TDKR (I'm dying on the "TDKR is a masterpiece" hill, damn it). Or TDK, Inception, TDKR, Interstellar. Or Inception, TDKR, Interstellar, Dunkirk.

So yeah, pretty much his entire career (Insomnia and BB are the c-c-combo breakers).

I haven't seem Kurosawa's filmography in it's entirety, but I have seen about 5 of his films. I can say with certainty that they were A+ in every metric known to man.

Imagine Chris Nolan being here with a fake username and reading everything we say about Tenet and him... :lol:

enfitt wrote:
May 20th, 2020, 1:20 pm
Imagine Chris Nolan being here with a fake username and reading everything we say about Tenet and him... :lol:
Probably spinning his totem in the process to see if he’s not dreaming lol

cobble engineering wrote:
May 20th, 2020, 12:18 pm
Someone on Reddit just posted the title of the screenplay book due to be released in September. Apparently its called Merry Go Round and says it deals with Nolans interest in time.
interesting ...

blackColumn wrote:
May 20th, 2020, 5:06 am
Nicolaslabra wrote:
May 20th, 2020, 4:36 am
You guys make me ashamed im so lazy watching movies, havent even seen 30% of what you`ve writen, bigger offense as im a DP.
That tattoo clip on vimeo was interesting.

if it was at least a bit interesting im happy, it was mostly a self indulgent camera/editing play-around

Speaking of Reddit.
I just came across that very interesting Michael Caine / plot theory.
Here it is

[/Spoiler] i have a story idea for casting Sir Michael Caine as lead. He could play a retired founder of a secret scientific society who recalls his days when he was 20 years younger and how he changed the course of humanity. He will play himself and he could be deaged 20 years. The movie will be a sci-fi thriller. He would be the head of the organization, sort of like The Godfather, as he will recall how he started the society, how the society changed the course of humanity and how he tackled politics inside the society and how he came to retire. It would end with a twist as the society he created is able to generate AI capable of governing itself, and the ending is ambiguous - did he really create the AI to help create a better and younger version of himself as an AI and sent it back in time to change the course of history while he himself has never created the secret scientific society, but just the AI, thus giving birth to an entire new parallel universe where he is 20 years younger.

Something I just made up while writing the comment. 😁 [/Spoiler]

Pretty interesting right?
Last edited by Doups241 on May 20th, 2020, 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Someone on Reddit just posted the title of the screenplay book of Tenet due to be released in September. Apparently its called Merry Go Round and says it deals with Nolans interest in time.
https://www.amazon.com/Merry-Go-Round-C ... 175&sr=8-3
The new blockbuster from Christopher Nolan. Tenet is a global thriller whose action stretches across time zones, and stars Robert Pattinson, Elizabeth Debicki and John David Washington. The film displays Nolan's preoccupations, especially how Time can shift from one moment to the next.

El Especial wrote:
May 20th, 2020, 4:19 pm
Someone on Reddit just posted the title of the screenplay book of Tenet due to be released in September. Apparently its called Merry Go Round and says it deals with Nolans interest in time.
https://www.amazon.com/Merry-Go-Round-C ... 175&sr=8-3
The new blockbuster from Christopher Nolan. Tenet is a global thriller whose action stretches across time zones, and stars Robert Pattinson, Elizabeth Debicki and John David Washington. The film displays Nolan's preoccupations, especially how Time can shift from one moment to the next.
So this is a different book that is also about Tenet ? so we have The making of Tenet and Merry go around then

Ace
It’s the complete screenplay book. Nolan brings one out for every film of his.