TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Great casting news today. :clap:

Come on daddy Nolan. Tell us what the premise is.

Elizabeth Debicki has been announced as a co-lead as well.

lynchfan wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 1:29 pm
Collins wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 6:13 am
« There’s speculation that the film could be a sequel of sorts to Inception »

:o :o :o :o :o :o
That's utter BS. Collider is the worst. Bunch of fans sitting around spreading false rumors.
My feeling is that Snyder is pretty accurate when speaking about the scoops.

edit. Now this has been confirmed by the trades...

This post from another forum got my attention:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/robert ... t-19037849
To be fair to Collider, I went to grad school at USC and still have a few friends around LA (a couple in film). One such friend is a creative executive for a production company under a non-WB studio (AKA, she hears things but is not really in a position to know). She told me two weeks ago (around the time of that romantic thriller bullshit) that there was talk of Nolan's next film being related to Inception in some way. I figured it was more in the spiritual sense - i.e. a similar type of movie and not a direct sequel. But yeah, that is the scuttlebutt right now and it's not something Collider just made up.

I think there's also a Paramount creative exec who posts on Resetera. Maybe he can testify as to whether he's heard anything similar.
Fueling those "sort of an Inception sequel rumors".

I've always been the type of guy that is only ever up for sequels if all the main characters return. Inception is the only Nolan film I've wanted a sequel of, since I'd like for him to continue doing big original work as it has happened, but the possibility of doing something else in that world sure is intriguing.

A spiritual sequel to Inception sounds very plausible.

Innovator wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 3:25 pm
This post from another forum got my attention:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/robert ... t-19037849
To be fair to Collider, I went to grad school at USC and still have a few friends around LA (a couple in film). One such friend is a creative executive for a production company under a non-WB studio (AKA, she hears things but is not really in a position to know). She told me two weeks ago (around the time of that romantic thriller bullshit) that there was talk of Nolan's next film being related to Inception in some way. I figured it was more in the spiritual sense - i.e. a similar type of movie and not a direct sequel. But yeah, that is the scuttlebutt right now and it's not something Collider just made up.

I think there's also a Paramount creative exec who posts on Resetera. Maybe he can testify as to whether he's heard anything similar.
Fueling those "sort of an Inception sequel rumors".

I've always been the type of guy that is only ever up for sequels if all the main characters return. Inception is the only Nolan film I've wanted a sequel of, since I'd like for him to continue doing big original work as it has happened, but the possibility of doing something else in that world sure is intriguing.
I prefer to see him stay away from the whole franchise thing, which includes bringing back the same characters. So an Inception "sort of sequel" where it's a very standalone movie sounds pretty damn good to me.

We didn't get IMAX footage with Inception, but we will get it with the next movie and that could be pretty badass when you think about Inception's visuals.

I don't know about that. I'd prefer something completely new. Because it seems like he wouldn't bring any of the characters back and the concept was fully explored in Inception.

But I don't really buy into all of this talk. When Dunkirk was announced no one would've thought that it would have such complex "Inception-like" structure. Almost everyone immediately thought it would be an almost 3-hour long typical war film.
How would those people know if the film is a mixture of Inception and North by Northwest? Or if it's related to Inception at all unless:
a) they've read the script [which is very unlikely considering how secretive Nolan is]
b) someone who've read the script described it to them [also very unlikely for the same reason]

I don't think the studio would give such descriptions...
Just my two cents.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Robert Pattinson and Elizabeth Debicki are playing
James Cobb and Phillipa Cobb

Angus wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 3:46 pm
I have a sneaking suspicion that Robert Pattinson and Elizabeth Debicki are playing
James Cobb and Phillipa Cobb
Makes perfect sense.