TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
anikom15 wrote:
March 23rd, 2019, 2:41 pm
I can’t remember. Did Dunkirk have IMAX competition?
Nolan kind of bullied Besson's Valerian out of that prime spot for a good long while.

I implied that two posts ago, but again there's that comprehension thing..

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
March 23rd, 2019, 2:44 pm
anikom15 wrote:
Nolan kind of bullied Besson's Valerian out of that prime spot for a good long while.

Wow. You don’t have to be an asshole. I read your post. You may have ‘implied’ that Valerian got pushed out of IMAX but I couldn’t remember if Valerian was even IMAX or not. Sorry I can’t read your mind.

anikom15 wrote:
March 23rd, 2019, 2:49 pm
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
March 23rd, 2019, 2:44 pm
anikom15 wrote:

Wow. You don’t have to be an asshole. I read your post. You may have ‘implied’ that Valerian got pushed out of IMAX but I couldn’t remember if Valerian was even IMAX or not. Sorry I can’t read your mind.
I apologize for being an asshole. I mean it. I do feel however that many of my points were being largely ignored for the sake of a minor bit that I was hypothesizing over, that's all. But again, sorry. I was pointing back at my first post anyway, not the question you were asking about IMAX.

Anyway, yes... Nolan set his Dunkirk release date after Besson did for Valerian. Besson remained "stubborn" (for lack of a better term) in not moving his release date, knowing that Nolan was going to get the IMAX bid there. It didn't help him at all. That's why I feel July 20th is not going to see much competition now that Nolan has set his date, and that's why I don't think it can be used as a reason against Nolan's film possibly being a bigger summer blockbuster.

Guys, I feel like Woodward and Bernstein over here. I have uncovered something. I have found the smoking gun.

Many of us think Production Weekly are illegitimate and the romantic thriller/North by Northwest meets Inception rumor was bullshit...

So why has Suzanne Fritz (Senior Vice President Publicity at Warner Bros and very close to Nolanworld) recently followed them on Twitter:

Insomniac wrote:
March 23rd, 2019, 3:15 pm
Guys, I feel like Woodward and Bernstein over here. I have uncovered something. I have found the smoking gun.

Many of us think Production Weekly are illegitimate and the romantic thriller/North by Northwest meets Inception rumor was bullshit...

So why has Suzanne Fritz (Senior Vice President Publicity at Warner Bros and very close to Nolanworld) recently followed them on Twitter:

It may be part of her job to be aware of the bullshit that is put on the internet so it can be responded to when the studio is asked about it.

Please Chris, give us some first details next week.

I think perhaps at best the PW scoop has a kernel of truth to it but is too opaque and not how WB/Nolan want to present the film. Once a press release comes we’ll be able to judge. I hope we’re going to be taken off guard though.

Insomniac wrote:
March 23rd, 2019, 3:15 pm

Production Weekly is always reliable on Nolan movies.

Ace
I remember we first found out the working title for Interstellar was ‘Flora’s letter’ from Production Weekly.
Last year they had Gary Oldman on the cast list for ‘Woman in the Window’ two weeks before the trades announced it.

Also on a more recent newsletter they have Dave Bautista on the cast list for Zack Snyder’s next film.
Had that been anounced before?

Ace wrote:
March 23rd, 2019, 4:07 pm
I remember we first found out the working title for Interstellar was ‘Flora’s letter’ from Production Weekly.
Last year they had Gary Oldman on the cast list for ‘Woman in the Window’ two weeks before the trades announced it.

Also on a more recent newsletter they have Dave Bautista on the cast list for Zack Snyder’s next film.
Had that been anounced before?

It would be really interesting to see what it says under "Untitled Christopher Nolan Project" in that newsletter of theirs. But I guess you would have to become a member ($59 per month) to get access to those?