TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
KEM
I wish I was watching Tenet right now...

I’m not a jealous person by nature but..... shit

In an alternative timeline without CVOID-19, I probably would be going on a trip tomorrow (the 15th) to see it :cry:

KEM
I would’ve bought a ticket for every single day the first week of release...

Oku wrote:
July 14th, 2020, 3:54 am
So remember (or don't lol) how I said that TENET entered into the 'currently being rated' phase a few weeks/months ago?

Well it's taken an insanely long time, but it's finally been rated.

Length: 149 minutes, 59 seconds
(Edit: for comparison, they classified/rated Dunkirk as 106 minutes, 27 seconds)

Maturity level:
Normal:
- Violence & Gore
- Profanity
- Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Subject Matter
Low:
- Sex & Nudity
- Imitative Risk

Premise/synopsis:
A film depicting the role of agents fighting against the forces of the future who are trying to destroy the world.

A film about the actions of agents fighting the forces of the future who are trying to destroy the world, with scenes of threatening actions by terrorists, killing by pistol, torture while tied to a chair, assault with gold bars, and gun battles, but most of them are concise and expressed indirectly, and the level of expression of violence and fear is moderate. There are also some simple drinking scenes, some use of vulgar and violent dialogue, but it is expressed at a low frequency.
Thanks for the inside info

Damn, imagine being in an empty IMAX theater watching TENET. That'd be awesome

I thought the movie was going to be longer, i'm not goona lie
It's what some people involved in the film led me to believe, but ok.
intersteIIarx wrote:
July 14th, 2020, 6:21 am
I'm confused so is this real or not? Because Dunkirk was not 106mins long.
The description is pretty deducible from footage we've seen so far, apart from
"the assault with gold bars"
(but it's plausible given the still we've seen of Branagh)
But Dunkirk is indeed 106min ?
Ruth wrote:
July 14th, 2020, 6:41 am
there is a report button under every post. i can only speak for myself and not the other mods, but i'm not here 24 hours a day, i seriously cannot see and immediately read every post in every thread and act accordingly. it would be really helpful if people reported posts like these or at least send me a message about them.

abdulnistan is perma banned but i'm leaving the posts up so people see why. if you guys prefer them to be deleted though, i can do that.
Ok, thank you very much. And I was making a generalized comment, no problems
Last edited by Lincoln on July 14th, 2020, 8:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I have a feeling WB will push on with the mid August date in international markets only. The U.S. is nowhere near ready to open up their theaters right now, expect another delay announcement any day now.

speedy117 wrote:
July 14th, 2020, 8:23 pm
Damn, imagine being in an empty IMAX theater watching TENET. That'd be awesome
I think it would be more awesome if it’s full house, a crowd of people experiencing it together. But i get your point.

Forum Pro
Is anyone else having a hard time believing that $800m target to break even? The movie cost $225M at the most, I’m sure there are rebates since they did a lot of location work. And there’s no sports, so marketing cost should be really low.

Anyone has any thoughts?