TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
neb4ever wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 4:00 pm
I'm curious to as what Nolan thinks about it. He could have easily not allowed it to be produced. Like for example you can't watch his films in Dolby Atmos sound format... But he allowed 4DX...
I didn't know that he doesn't allow Dolby Atmos. I guess that explains why I haven't seen any tickets for that format. 4DX sounds really neat, just not for everyone. If you see it in that format make sure to post, I'd be interested to hear about how it goes and what all it involves specifically with Tenet.

marshallmurphy wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 4:10 pm
neb4ever wrote:
I'm curious to as what Nolan thinks about it. He could have easily not allowed it to be produced. Like for example you can't watch his films in Dolby Atmos sound format... But he allowed 4DX...
I didn't know that he doesn't allow Dolby Atmos. I guess that explains why I haven't seen any tickets for that format.
Amc Tysons 16 has Dolby cinema experience tickets for sale so i dont know how true this is. I want to see it Imax Dolby and 4dx just for the sake of it. Never tried the other formats

I’m seeing this twice on Thursday (wasn’t the sanest idea tbh but I have to drive for an hour to another city so that was my excuse).

Today and finally a theater opened in my city and I could see this on Wednesday - do I see it? I’d be seeing this three times in two days!!! Or just wait an extra day and save this for a follow up later?

DarkChocolateOreo wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 4:20 pm
marshallmurphy wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 4:10 pm
neb4ever wrote:
I didn't know that he doesn't allow Dolby Atmos. I guess that explains why I haven't seen any tickets for that format.
Amc Tysons 16 has Dolby cinema experience tickets for sale so i dont know how true this is. I want to see it Imax Dolby and 4dx just for the sake of it. Never tried the other formats
Chris Nolan has never mixed a film with dolby atmos. The actual projection in Dolby Cinema playing TENET will be 4K laser, but audio is 5.1 not atmos...

Finally booked my tickets for Wednesday, looking forward to finally watch it and discuss with all of you.

Who has the record for longest drive to see the movie? I drove 5h one way and back today to see it in IMAX Laser 16:9 for my second viewing.

danevito wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 8:00 pm
Who has the record for longest drive to see the movie? I drove 5h one way and back today to see it in IMAX Laser 16:9 for my second viewing.
I'm conflicted on whether I should make the drive. It would be Los Angeles, California to Las Vegas, Nevada. Each way is about 290 miles, depending on traffic, 4.5 to 5 hours.

Without spoilers, how was the second viewing?

It's been my experience with Nolan's films that they're even better on the second viewing. Was definitely the case for me with Interstellar. First time was a bit confusing, but second time was when I fell in love with the movie.

Even had similar effect with Dunkirk. Not that it was hard to understand, but the structure of the movie just flowed better for me the second time.

hotsauce32 wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 8:05 pm
danevito wrote:
I'm conflicted on whether I should make the drive. It would be Los Angeles, California to Las Vegas, Nevada. Each way is about 290 miles, depending on traffic, 4.5 to 5 hours.

Without spoilers, how was the second viewing?

It's been my experience with Nolan's films that they're even better on the second viewing. Was definitely the case for me with Interstellar. First time was a bit confusing, but second time was when I fell in love with the movie.

Even had similar effect with Dunkirk. Not that it was hard to understand, but the structure of the movie just flowed better for me the second time.
You should just make a weekend out of your trip, Vegas hotels are pretty cheap right now.

danevito wrote:
in 2017 i convinced my gf and a few friends to do a mini-vacation from Chicago to Indianapolis, about 3-4 hours each way, and we stayed the weekend. Saw Dunkirk 3x there.

Will likely go there at the end of the run once it's empty, they aren't even enforcing masks now.

-Vader

im wondering, and those who`ve seen the film can tell me without spoilers, how much time does the film span, like dunkirk is about a week in lenght, or inception that is more vague in its "in movie" lenght, im guessing months, but how explicit is the time passage in tenet ? are there big jumps in time ? like years later ? or is it all happening within a few days?