TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
DUNKIRKIE wrote:
January 14th, 2021, 3:21 am
Thanks boosty and vader. I usually just listen to the ringer's the Rewatchables, but there's only so many of them and I'm running out lol
Either KEM and I are on your ignore list, you already watch TJCS, or you disapprove lol.

He definitely has to watch Tenet again though. He caught it once in theaters and says he needs the subtitles next time he checks it out. His fans are mostly heavy on the Marvel/DC/SW stuff when they send in questions, unfortunately.

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
January 14th, 2021, 3:58 am
DUNKIRKIE wrote:
January 14th, 2021, 3:21 am
Thanks boosty and vader. I usually just listen to the ringer's the Rewatchables, but there's only so many of them and I'm running out lol
Either KEM and I are on your ignore list, you already watch TJCS, or you disapprove lol.

He definitely has to watch Tenet again though. He caught it once in theaters and says he needs the subtitles next time he checks it out. His fans are mostly heavy on the Marvel/DC/SW stuff when they send in questions, unfortunately.
haha sorry forget to thank you guys. I know him as his video often pops up on my Youtube timeline. But the video's title (mostly marvel related, I remember) always fail to attract me, sadly. Guess I have to check out the content.

Some episodes from Ringer and Blank Check are decent, but it's mostly garbage. Why wast time on arrogant, unknowledgeable "fanboys" with no academic education or experience making films, mulling over "plotholes" with their conventional "film logic", while forcing new films into a limited historical/social context.

Some of these NEVER discuss cinema as art.

Start with You Must Remember This (the best American film podcast), Team Deakins (for craft and interviews), some episodes of Director's Club Podcast (Michael Curtiz, Samuel Fuller). Here in Europe we have a few that take film seriously, but they're not in English unfortunately.

Robin wrote:
January 14th, 2021, 8:58 am
Some episodes from Ringer and Blank Check are decent, but it's mostly garbage. Why wast time on arrogant, unknowledgeable "fanboys" with no academic education or experience making films, mulling over "plotholes" with their conventional "film logic", while forcing new films into a limited historical/social context.

Some of these NEVER discuss cinema as art.

Start with You Must Remember This (the best American film podcast), Team Deakins (for craft and interviews), some episodes of Director's Club Podcast (Michael Curtiz, Samuel Fuller). Here in Europe we have a few that take film seriously, but they're not in English unfortunately.
I listen to ringer's podcasts basically for fun, normally when I'm eating or walking alone at uni, so... I know You Must Remember This and am a regular listener of Team Deakins tho.

Those comments about Blank Check are bizarre. One of the hosts is the chief critic for The Atlantic, David Sims, one of the stronger critics today, and the co-host is Griffin Newman, who's an actor actively working in the industry (no "huge" roles, yet) and together they're able to share multiple points of view on each film they're covering. They routinely have guests who are also some of the most prominent critics today, and occasionally people from the industry as well.

I have no idea idea where this "no education, just fanboys" commentary comes from. It low-key sounds like you just confused Blank Check with another podcast.

Sometimes they lean too heavily on the "comic" aspect of their show for me, but it's often great listening. They do filmographies.

-Vader

You're right, Blank Check was not the podcast I thought of. I've not listened to that one, gotta be honest when u miss. Not been on the American film podcast trail for a while.

Edit: Listened to a few episodes of Blank Check recently, and I must say it was rather dreadful. Unfunny recaps of plot, no thanks.

53:26 of the movie, the protagonist is walking to Sator's dinner party.
There is a white cat behind him.
Why
Nolan intentionally put this shot in the movie.
What is the purpose of the cat?
Symbolism for Kat?
I've tried to go back in a couple of his films and don't remember any other shots of cats.
Is this an easter egg?
This shot stuck out to me for some reason.
There must be a reason Nolan put a cat in his movie.

Anyway, love you guys.
Thought you might find this interesting
Hopefully someone knows more than I
:)
Last edited by life on January 22nd, 2021, 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

life wrote:
January 22nd, 2021, 2:22 am

Why
Symbolism for Kat?
I've tried to go back in a couple of his films and don't remember any other shots of cats.
Is this an easter egg?

Anyway, love you guys.
The prestige. Tesla clones a black cat.

life wrote:
January 22nd, 2021, 2:22 am

Why
Symbolism for Kat?
Is this an easter egg?

Anyway, love you guys.
Animals are often used in films, because they grant a natural realism. A cat or a dog can't be a bad actor/extra. They give live to the background.

Why did The Rewatchables podcast remove so many episodes?