TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Any thoughts on whether this “international espionage” thriller will revolve around agents of particular intelligence agencies? It’s interesting that of the announced cast we have four Brits and only one American, meanwhile much of the shoot locations are around Europe.

Does this point to a narrative focused on British intelligence and MI6? While John D. Washington doesn’t necessarily have to be playing an American, is he likely to be a CIA agent?

Would Nolan use real world organizations like that, though?

I kind of hope not.

Insomniac wrote:
May 26th, 2019, 6:10 am

I kind of hope not.

:lol:

He's a goofball though. We called him CIA Douche for a reason.

Insomniac wrote:
May 26th, 2019, 6:10 am

I kind of hope not.
I don’t see why not? Nolan likes to ground his films in reality. NASA was used in Interstellar and I much prefer that to a fictional alternative.

Nolan tends to be terrified of politics in his movies. I just can't see him making a movie where heroic CIA-agents save the day. I also can't see this film being a realistic spy movie in any way. I don't even know what realistic spying entails in 2019.

Insomniac wrote:
May 26th, 2019, 9:11 am
Nolan tends to be terrified of politics in his movies. I just can't see him making a movie where heroic CIA-agents save the day. I also can't see this film being a realistic spy movie in any way. I don't even know what realistic spying entails in 2019.
I also don't think it will be an existing organization - I suspect a fictional one like Cobol in Inception. Although, NASA is featured heavily in Interstellar. And as for politics, I think The Dark Knight is quite politically charged.

Insomniac wrote:
Nolan tends to be terrified of politics in his movies.
What? TDK and TDKR both had political themes. How did you manage miss that?

TDK and TDKR have very very interesting subtext, but you can also enjoy the film without paying attention to it.
I would love the film to deal with real issues, and not just in its subtext.
I remember reading Alex Rider: Snakehead from Anthony Horowitz, where the story dealt with the cynicism of foreign politics, immigration, the commerce of organs (one of the very worst thing in the world, though we almost never talk about it).
I would prefer if the heroes are trying to stop the mafia from making money on immigration/selling organs/selling guns to terrorists... than if they are trying to stop someone before he throws a bomb on New-York...

Pratham wrote:
May 26th, 2019, 11:30 am
Insomniac wrote:
Nolan tends to be terrified of politics in his movies.
What? TDK and TDKR both had political themes. How did you manage miss that?
I get the feeling that was more Jonah's thing. Both the surveillance stuff in TDK and the "down with the corrupt elite establishment" class stuff in TDKR.