TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
dragon_phoenix wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 3:14 am
Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 2:59 am
So I found this: https://letterboxd.com/davismatthews/film/tenet/

Anyone knows if this could be trusted?
I didn't know Nolan films received screener though. My impression was that Nolan is 'above' screeners because he is not going to give a damn if his movie gets early negatiive feedback, and also because he is so secretive to prevent plot leaks.

Having said that, the review seems legit from certain description .. or it could be a some druggie typing that while high on weed.
That’s what I was thinking since he’s so secretive.

It could be one of the two haha. I don’t know about the "brainy" part this person mentioned considering what we have seen. I do believe that it may be one of his longest though.

May 11th, 2020, 3:24 am
dragon_phoenix wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 2:59 am
So I found this: https://letterboxd.com/davismatthews/film/tenet/

Anyone knows if this could be trusted?
I didn't know Nolan films received screener though. My impression was that Nolan is 'above' screeners because he is not going to give a damn if his movie gets early negatiive feedback, and also because he is so secretive to prevent plot leaks.

Having said that, the review seems legit from certain description .. or it could be a some druggie typing that while high on weed.

It could be one of the two haha. I don’t know about the "brainy" part this person mentioned considering what we have seen. I do believe that it may be one of his longest though.
Yea, I find it shocking that a non-superhero movie, involving so few A-list hollywood actors can hit a budget of 200M USD. A lot of the budget must have been dedicated to filming the sheer length of the movie at so many countries.

Also, I wouldn't describe Nolan film as brainy. It's more like it's so dense and it's easy to lose the plot at times (Interstellar for me).

dragon_phoenix wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 3:31 am
dragon_phoenix wrote:

Yea, I find it shocking that a non-superhero movie, involving so few A-list hollywood actors can hit a budget of 200M USD. A lot of the budget must have been dedicated to filming the sheer length of the movie at so many countries.

Also, I wouldn't describe Nolan film as brainy. It's more like it's so dense and it's easy to lose the plot at times (Interstellar for me).
Yes. Assuming it’s only 200M USD because it could be more.

Based on the information we have and we have seen, it would be hard for me to believe that Tenet isn’t that complex (that’s what I think the “review” meant by “not as brainy as his other works”). We’ll see though.
Last edited by Paradoxicalparabola on May 11th, 2020, 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 11th, 2020, 3:42 am
dragon_phoenix wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 3:31 am

Yes. Assuming it’s only 200M USD because it could be more.

Based on the information we have and we have seen, it’s hard for me to believe that Tenet isn’t that complex (that’s what I think the review meant by “not as brainy as his other works”). We’ll see though.
Yea I was initially expecting a highly non-linear telling of the story because well, it's Nolan. But on second thought, stories like Memento work with non-linear and complex arrangement of chronology because there are so few characters involved with a very simple bare story. For a action heavy film like Tenet, that may not work as well.

I am expecting a plot complexity between his Batman films and Inception. i.e As many twists and turns as in his Batman trilogy, but not as many 'confusing' sci-fi concepts as in Inception.

Moving a bit from the whole cinemas/COVID discussion, the making-of book has been retitled:

The Secrets of Tenet: Inside Christopher Nolan's Quantum Cold War
Discover the secrets of Christopher Nolan's Tenet with this exclusive behind-the-scenes look at 2020's most anticipated film.

FROM DIRECTOR CHRISTOPHER NOLAN comes a mind-blowing espionage thriller so unique that audiences will puzzle over its intricacies for years to come. The Secrets of Tenet takes readers on an exclusive journey into Nolan's time-bending masterpiece, offering rare insights into all aspects of its creation. Featuring in-depth commentary from Nolan himself and a range of other key collaborators--including producer Emma Thomas and production designer Nathan Crowley--The Secrets of Tenet delivers an essential masterclass that lays bare the director's process and his singular creative vision. Illustrated with candid behind-the-scenes imagery and compelling conceptual art, this is the ultimate exploration of a film guaranteed to linger in the imagination long into the future . . . and perhaps the past.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Making-Tenet-J ... 1647220602

If this film is disappointing, let's all blame this guy for prematurely calling it a masterpiece.

antovolk wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 10:58 am
Moving a bit from the whole cinemas/COVID discussion, the making-of book has been retitled:

The Secrets of Tenet: Inside Christopher Nolan's Quantum Cold War
Discover the secrets of Christopher Nolan's Tenet with this exclusive behind-the-scenes look at 2020's most anticipated film.

FROM DIRECTOR CHRISTOPHER NOLAN comes a mind-blowing espionage thriller so unique that audiences will puzzle over its intricacies for years to come. The Secrets of Tenet takes readers on an exclusive journey into Nolan's time-bending masterpiece, offering rare insights into all aspects of its creation. Featuring in-depth commentary from Nolan himself and a range of other key collaborators--including producer Emma Thomas and production designer Nathan Crowley--The Secrets of Tenet delivers an essential masterclass that lays bare the director's process and his singular creative vision. Illustrated with candid behind-the-scenes imagery and compelling conceptual art, this is the ultimate exploration of a film guaranteed to linger in the imagination long into the future . . . and perhaps the past.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Making-Tenet-J ... 1647220602
Awesome!

Also, despite the re-title of the book, its release date is still July 17th.

Perhaps that's a hint that the film might still have its original date, too?

If there is a possibility of UK cinemas re-opening in the beginning of July, keeping Tenet as the first blockbuster people go see after months of nothing, will guarantee at least a decent BO run for the film.