TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
speedy117 wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 12:27 pm
ninenin wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 10:33 am
speedy117 wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 10:17 am
Ok so people are speculating that JDW will save himself in the prologue. But is this even possible? Like if you start to reverse time, will there be a copy of yourself moving backwards?
Yup, it appears that way. When you exit the machine on the inverted side (Blue room) you will see your past self stepping into the non-inverted side (Red Room), only in reverse.
If the inverted side is on the other side of the glass, does that mean its like another dimension that you can't interact with? Or what?
jdw fights with a man in military gear with pattinson on other side of glass. Then the military guy moves in reverse. So JDWs power is he can move forward in reverse world

So they are talking about an important scene in those interviews but they haven’t said anything about the runtime. I just want to know the runtime haha and if the Sator Square will only have a symbolic use or if will be part of the whole story.

Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 12:36 pm
So they are talking about an important scene in those interviews but they haven’t said anything about the runtime. I just want to know the runtime haha and if the Sator Square will only have a symbolic use or if will be part of the whole story.
These interviews maybe done before the final edit is completed though. Contrary to some fans, I wouldn't want the movie to be ridiculously long. 2 hour 30 or so would be perfect.

dragon_phoenix wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 1:12 pm
These interviews maybe done before the final edit is completed though. Contrary to some fans, I wouldn't want the movie to be ridiculously long. 2 hour 30 or so would be perfect.
What interviews are we talking about? I’m so confused. 3 hours 15 minutes sounds ideal to me. Nolan movies are always super entertaining, so it would feel like 2 hours. I know IMAX has its limitations though.

marshallmurphy wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 1:23 pm
dragon_phoenix wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 1:12 pm
What interviews are we talking about? I’m so confused. 3 hours 15 minutes sounds ideal to me. Nolan movies are always super entertaining, so it would feel like 2 hours. I know IMAX has its limitations though.
Interviews for this particular issue of Total Film magazine. if the interviews are done before the final edit, the duration of the movie wouldn't be revealed.

dragon_phoenix wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 1:30 pm
Interviews for this particular issue of Total Film magazine. if the interviews are done before the final edit, the duration of the movie wouldn't be revealed.
Oh, I see. Are runtimes usually revealed in interviews and/or magazines? Or does the studio normally just release that information.

Forum Pro
Runtimes don’t typically come out till the movie has been rated.

speedy117 wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 12:27 pm
ninenin wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 10:33 am
speedy117 wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 10:17 am
Ok so people are speculating that JDW will save himself in the prologue. But is this even possible? Like if you start to reverse time, will there be a copy of yourself moving backwards?
Yup, it appears that way. When you exit the machine on the inverted side (Blue room) you will see your past self stepping into the non-inverted side (Red Room), only in reverse.
If the inverted side is on the other side of the glass, does that mean its like another dimension that you can't interact with? Or what?
No, I mean that the inverted and non-inverted inhabit the same universe, but that each chamber of the machine plays a specific role. To get inverted you enter in through the red chamber and come out of the blue chamber inverted. To go back to normal, you enter the blue chamber as inverted, and exit the red chamber non-inverted.

X-MementoMori-X wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 9:05 am
The movie theaters in my hometown (Hamburg, Germany) are open starting tommorow. How is the situation in your hometowns? July release seems not that unrealistic anymore.
Latin America is not opening theaters anytime soon,

And with all those videos from the US of people behaving horribly, this is far from getting much better
Krystman wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 10:05 am
Lincoln wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 7:00 pm
Question about filming location
Anyone know if there is information about who in the cast was in the desert filming. Maybe only JDW?

I think JDW is alone in that room when the door opens, and since it looks like it will be the climax whatever happens here I think that in these scenes everything will revolve only around him.
But you can see a person moving in the reflection behind so I'm not sure. And what is this? a mirror? or is there someone behind the wall?
I think I identified the shot in this Reddit thread.
https://www.reddit.com/r/tenet/comments ... _together/

Short story: The shot is in the facility with the red room. Which is likely the time-inversion machine. Which is at the harbor. This is part of the car chase sequence.
Thanks, well explained.

You're right it's the same window. And we don't have any shot of the desert then... that's indeed a harbor

Ace wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 11:16 am

You read that correctly. That's not a partial fibreglass replica of a jet. Not CGI. This is a real aeroplane, bought by the production.

“I planned to do it using miniatures and set-piece builds and a combination of visual effects and all the rest,” Nolan tells TF. However, while scouting for locations in Victorville, California, the team discovered a massive array of old planes. “We started to run the numbers... It became apparent that it would actually be more efficient to buy a real plane of the real size, and perform this sequence for real in camera, rather than build miniatures or go the CG route.”

Call it a spur-of-the-moment purchase. “It’s a strange thing to talk about – a kind of impulse buying, I suppose,” laughs Nolan. “But we kind of did, and it worked very well, with Scott Fisher, our special-effects supervisor, and Nathan Crowley, the production designer, figuring out how to pull off this big sequence in camera. It was a very exciting thing to be a part of.”

Robert Pattinson also remembers the plane sequence with a laugh. “You wouldn’t have thought there was any reality where you would be doing a scene where they just have an actual 747 to blow up! It’s so bold to the point of ridiculousness... I remember, as we were shooting it, I was thinking, ‘How many more times is this even going to be happening in a film at all?’”
Christ Nolan