TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
check the teaser trailer thread

Joker final trailer has released just 1 hour ago.

I think this negates Tenet teaser coming today or tommorow.

Ace
Christopher Nolan to film Tenet action scene at Mumbai’s Colaba Causeway, Taj Mahal Hotel; here’s when
Filmmaker Christopher Nolan will film an action sequence for his upcoming film Tenet at various south Mumbai locations in September. According to a Pinkvilla report, filming will take place at Colaba Causeway, the Taj Mahal Palace Hotel and the Colaba Market.

The report quotes a source as saying, “A film shoot is scheduled to take place next month. We’ve been told that it is set to take place in the first half of the day next month.” A crew has also been spotted conducting a recce at the locations. The filming time have been specified as 8 am to 2 pm, and the locations are expected to remain closed to the public on the day.
https://m.hindustantimes.com/hollywood/ ... I_amp.html

So are they going to India before Norway and Denmark?

radewart wrote:
August 24th, 2019, 3:57 pm
CASE wrote:
August 24th, 2019, 2:19 pm
Mr.Plottwist wrote:
August 24th, 2019, 12:16 pm
am i the only one who thinks tenet might break nolans career or prove he is one of the greatest directors ever? Or do you think he still go something special in the future(i have no idea how he creates this complex concepts in his works). Ps. Sorry English isnt my first language
I believe his Opus Magnum is yet to come.
(I have no idea how can He top Interstellar but we'll see ;))
For me his best was Dark Knight and Inception back to back. I think those two are all-timers.
He could be like a lot of filmmakers, and while he is regularly making really good films, his best stuff comes early in his career and he is constantly chasing those heights the rest of the time. Though, I think he has at least one more all-time great in him.
I think his best time was Prestige - TDK - Inception - TDKR. I rate TDKR above TDK.

Anyone have any plot guesses? i would love to see some of your guesses as to what this movie might actually entail....as crazy as they may be. Here's my guess...possible spoilers ahead maybe.
I've been doing some research of my own...and have come to some of my own conclusions/speculations. So for a little historical context (I apologize if it has already been mentioned before), the Sator Square was seen as a powerful tool that could ward off evil dating as far back as 79 A.D. Both messianic and paganistic religious bodies have recognized it and utilized their own interpretation of it as prayers and spells alike. All in all the 5 "characters" or "voices" have been believed to be a source of spiritual or magical powers.

The most common interpretation of the four Latin words (and one non Latin word) are as follows:
1. SATOR - the Farmer/gardener/sower (N);
2. AREPO - This is not a Latin word and many scholars believe AREPO to be a proper noun relating to either a place or name.
3. TENET - To hold/has (verb) (in Latin); in english it means principle or belief
4. OPERA - Work (noun).
5. ROTAS - Wheel (noun).

And these can be loosely translated to the following sentence: "The Farmer/Gardener/Sower, AREPO, holds/has work wheels....or better yet my favorite iteration...."The sower, Arepo, holds the wheel for work."

From what we know from rumors and what we have seen from the trailer (the rotating title like a wheel/merry-go-round), this film has to in some form deal with the time continuum, time travel, or time manipulation. And this thought of time travel made me think about any possible ties to religion. In doing some extended research in the Bible regarding possible mentions of time manipulation, i came across a particular verse in Ezekiel 1:16-17 where Daniel, in a vision, was describing 4 cheribum. (Cheribum were angels known as the second highest ranking spiritual beings who's jobs were to protect certain important places people on God's behalf). Once he gets to verse 15 it gets interesting as Daniel starts to describe a wheel. The verse reads, "As i looked at the living creatures, I saw a wheel on the ground beside each creature with its four faces. This was the appearance and structure of the wheels: They sparkled like topaz, and all four looked alike. Each appeared to made like a wheel intersecting a wheel. As they moved, they would go in any one of the four directions the creatures went...."

Surely Nolan isn't making movies about angels and the Bible. In fact im 100% sure of it lol...BUT from all of this...I DO believe that one of the main character's is going to be named Arepo...and my guess is that it is JDW's character. If JDW is Arepo, then he is the one doing the work and is the sower who holds the wheel...and in my opinion the wheel (the tool to do/carry out the work) is time travel in some form. I think that Debecki's character is the one that holds to the key to whatever is sough to be solved within this movie...or better yet...she holds the WHY. And just like in Ezekiel, I do believe that more than one of the characters (if not all of them) will be able to control the "wheel of time". This wheel/time manipulation...acting just as a wheel would, will allow them to go forward or backwards...but imo will have limits and rules within Nolan's world. I think Branagh is the villain and is another of the beings that can control the wheel, with the third being Debecki, and fourth being Pattinson. Similar to the four Cheribum in Ezekiel.

Really weird theory that I can't get over is that many people come to interpret the wheels mentioned that the Cheribum use as UFO's. Well this interpretation would inevitably change the "tenet" of judaism/christianity. But then again...Tenet can't be about UFO's, but maybe it can be about keeping secret the actual truth of some of our current religious beliefs and the struggle for power in keeping those secrets. Because... who is on the right side of that battle for truth? Upset the established order and unveil truth (or chaos)...or remain loyal to the fact that ignorance is bliss?
That's all I can conjure up...and i am 100% wrong. would love to see everyone else's opinion.

how will reversing time relate to the plot? i wonder. like they're literally moving things backward? im so very confused by what this is

I think the oxygen masks are critical in some way to the plot of Tenet. We have seen them on the trailer and we have seen set photos of Kenneth Branagh using them as well. I also think Branagh is the bad guy in the movie and I do think the plot involves time in some way but not time travel. The film involves espionage we know that already and I think Pattinson's character is some sort government agent. But the oxygen masks are key to the plot in some way, a bit like in inception with the machines they wire themselves up to. This movie is gonna be fucking epic lol I can't wait lol

KingOfTheNorth wrote:
September 2nd, 2019, 6:50 pm
Anyone have any plot guesses?
I think for whatever reason JDW is literally experience time backwards (government experiment maybe) and somehow he escapes and the fbi/government is trying to recapture him.

That's why we see in the estonia car chase JDW and who ever is chasing him are doing this whilst the rest of the world is going backwards (which will look insane)

Midway through the film we will see ED's character from the perspective of normal time which means we get to see JDW's time backwards.