TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Oku wrote:
January 19th, 2020, 10:57 am
So...ever since I saw The Rise of Skywalker, my hype for Tenet has dropped like a rock. :P

Was it a perfect film, a masterpiece? Not even close. Did it make me cry? No, not even a tear-up.

But damn was it magical and mythical and inspirational, and re-stoke the fire to my heart and my inner child.

And it made me realize that no matter how awesome Tenet is, no matter how perfectly it is written and crafted and scored and edited, it 100% will not come anywhere near to what The Rise of Skywalker accomplished, in terms of touching me deeply.

Just had to get that off my chest. (And I guess, thank you The Rise of Skywalker, for making the wait for Tenet easier. XD )
You're talking about a most likely original film and a movie which is part of a franchise with a large history in cinema. So despite quality, the latter will have a more emotional impact on you because there is also the nostalgic factor playing out.

Sorry if posted before, but I just noticed that the YouTube-version of the trailer has more in the image than the clean 1080p-version.

1080p-version:

YouTube-version:

User of Interest wrote:
January 19th, 2020, 10:16 pm
Sorry if posted before, but I just noticed that the YouTube-version of the trailer has more in the image than the clean 1080p-version.

1080p-version:

YouTube-version:
Where did you get the clean 1080p version?

"Chris Nolan is a beast. The set was massive with Black Hawks over our heads, 400+ extras, it was wild. He doesn’t [mess] around waste any time and all day long. When you have a captain that’s a workhorse it’s tough to let it slide." Sean Avery on #TENET

I found this image

nolanist5 wrote:
January 20th, 2020, 5:42 am
"Chris Nolan is a beast. The set was massive with Black Hawks over our heads, 400+ extras, it was wild. He doesn’t [mess] around waste any time and all day long. When you have a captain that’s a workhorse it’s tough to let it slide." Sean Avery on #TENET
how exciting :gonf:

Forum Pro
I really hope Nolan does a lot of (popular) press for this. I’m not talking about interviews, as I’m certain that there will be a ton but I hope he goes on a lot of podcast, late night talk shows, etc. to promote the film.

I know he did a spot on Colbert for Interstellar but he didn’t do much for Dunkirk. I hope that changes with Tenet. If Noah Baumbach can go on Kimmel, Nolan should be able to.

Joshua Strong wrote:
January 22nd, 2020, 5:49 am
I really hope Nolan does a lot of (popular) press for this. I’m not talking about interviews, as I’m certain that there will be a ton but I hope he goes on a lot of podcast, late night talk shows, etc. to promote the film.

I know he did a spot on Colbert for Interstellar but he didn’t do much for Dunkirk. I hope that changes with Tenet. If Noah Baumbach can go on Kimmel, Nolan should be able to.
That Colbert interview was quite random :D Never seen Nolan in that sort of environment before or since.

I'm curious to see how WB markets this movie. They cannot let this film fail, so I'm sure marketing will be top notch.

The third trailer will probably show off some of the huge spectacle we're going to see. The third trailer for Dunkirk was also spectacular, especially compared to the second trailer since the third trailer was also much closer to the beats of the film. Know what I mean?