TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Bacon wrote:
June 13th, 2020, 7:03 pm
marshallmurphy wrote:
June 13th, 2020, 6:43 pm
Uno wrote:
June 13th, 2020, 4:13 pm
Official runtime or a placeholder?. Might be a placeholder, but I think it's the perfect runtime.
Hopefully that’s not official. If you subtract the credits it would only be like 2 hours 20 minutes. Not long enough, in my opinion.
lol Inception is shorter than that dude.

Reminds me when people lost their shit over Dunkirk only being 107 mins lol.
oh yeah haha

2 hours and 30 minutes is perfect actually. Not too long, not too short.

But let’s not lose our Shit over this. It hasn’t been confirmed yet so calm down lol.

I still like the one-minute-long theory, maybe it was measured in Miller's planet.

Tarssauce wrote:
June 13th, 2020, 7:14 pm
2 hours and 30 minutes is perfect actually. Not too long, not too short.

But let’s not lose our Shit over this. It hasn’t been confirmed yet so calm down lol.
I honestly would like it to be near the same runtime of Interstellar. Being action I don’t think it would be much of a problem considering the latter was more an epic adventure. But realistically speaking, Tenet is more likely to be 2h 30 something mins. You never know though, so we’ll find out soon the official thing.

Actually, it seem pretty long for this type of movie. Just judging by the trailers and comments made by Nolan about this having the most action he every filmed, but it seems like the type of action movie that is constantly in motion for the most part.

If only Nolan could make a private screening with us NolanFans...

marshallmurphy wrote:
Uno wrote:
Official runtime or a placeholder?. Might be a placeholder, but I think it's the perfect runtime.
Hopefully that’s not official. If you subtract the credits it would only be like 2 hours 20 minutes. Not long enough, in my opinion.
Why? A good movie doesn't have to be that long.

Damn. Why is everyone attacking my post? Nobody is losing their shit, I was just saying that I wish it would be longer. More near Interstellar's length. To me that is what an "event" film is - it's long, like Lawrence of Arabia or even Avengers: Endgame. Not to mention, some articles have definitely worked this film up to be very long. Pattinson described it as "the length of three movies" very early on, so I'm sorry if it's going to take me some time to get used to this being only 2 hours 30 minutes. And yeah, I put "only" in italics because that is not an abnormal length these days.

dragon_phoenix wrote:
June 13th, 2020, 8:17 pm
marshallmurphy wrote:
Uno wrote:
Why? A good movie doesn't have to be that long.
A good movie can also be longer and there’s no problem.

marshallmurphy wrote:
June 13th, 2020, 8:25 pm
Damn. Why is everyone attacking my post? Nobody is losing their shit, I was just saying that I wish it would be longer. More near Interstellar's length. To me that is what an "event" film is - it's long, like Lawrence of Arabia or even Avengers: Endgame. Not to mention, some articles have definitely worked this film up to be very long. Pattinson described it as "the length of three movies" very early on, so I'm sorry if it's going to take me some time to get used to this being only 2 hours 30 minutes. And yeah, I put "only" in italics because that is not an abnormal length these days.
I understand your point since you did say "in your opinion" but try not take it personally. Now, endgame made many people sit through the three hours because it was the end of 20 something movies in a big franchise but there aren’t a lot of interesting things happening in the first hour. When it comes to an original film like Tenet (specially being an action film), a runtime like that can be a big risk and even more when the budget is higher than Interstellar or Inception cause you don’t have anything else other than Nolan’s name, a few fans from the actors and possible word of mouth but the situation right now is pretty volatile in that case. Many people don’t like sitting around for almost three hours for an original film most of the time unfortunately although Interstellar worked despite it being an adventure epic but those were different times.