TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
It was a long time ago but Batman Begins had a super bowl spot. It's totally possible we could get a Tenet Super Bowl spot. The marketing hasn't been that predictable on this one so you never know.

Oku
I want to believe

It does have a certain logic to it: Warners wants another Inception, and they figure that this is about as peak mass-appeal as Mr. Nolan can get at this point in his career, so they're going all-out for it.

User of Interest wrote:
January 26th, 2020, 7:14 pm
Do you guys think that Nolan might have some inspiration from this film starring JDW's father since there is also some time related stuff in there?
Definitely. Nolan is big Tony Scott fan (and I'm just gonna go out on a limb and say Nolan is Denzil fan as well). Unstoppable was on his Influences on Dunkirk list.

antovolk wrote:
January 26th, 2020, 4:16 pm
I know we all kinda agreed not to bring him up here but...a certain someone now claiming we’re getting a Super Bowl spot.

Surely bullshit? Would be WB’s first in 15 years, excepting BvS which was a Turkish Airlines thing. But if anyone can reverse WB’s MO it’s Nolan...

We should hopefully get a report from the trades about who bought air time in the next couple days.
According this link, it doesn't look like any film studios are confirmed yet to be playing movie trailers during the Super Bowl?

https://adage.com/article/special-repor ... ge/2214691

At least maybe now when we don't get the SB spot, people will stop believing him for good.

Innovator wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 3:17 pm
At least maybe now when we don't get the SB spot, people will stop believing him for good.
Saying his name here should get people temp banned.

radewart wrote:
January 22nd, 2020, 9:29 pm
Is this the first confirmation of Tenet playing somewhere in 70mm?

also if you can and in Chicagoland area here's a chance to see Interstellar along with other flicks in 70mm.

https://twitter.com/musicboxtheatre/sta ... 8201982976
Thank you so much for this information! I will definitely be going! But there currently aren't any showtimes/dates =/

geozou1 wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 11:07 pm
radewart wrote:
January 22nd, 2020, 9:29 pm
Is this the first confirmation of Tenet playing somewhere in 70mm?

also if you can and in Chicagoland area here's a chance to see Interstellar along with other flicks in 70mm.

https://twitter.com/musicboxtheatre/sta ... 8201982976
Thank you so much for this information! I will definitely be going! But there currently aren't any showtimes/dates =/
Showtimes will come later, Nolan still has to finish the film and lock in a runtime before that can be done. They did confirm me that they will be showing it on July 17th, though.

Will McCrabb
@mccrabb_will
The fact that Tenet is one of the biggest films of the year and no one really knows what it is about is a beautiful anamoly in studio marketing.
This is unprecedented and extremely exciting.

One thing we know for sure is the genre:
Christopher Nolan.

^Temp ban?