TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.

Makes sense, it seems to be drive-in exclusive.

Ace

lol just saw the film for a third time, this time at home 8-)

(so now I also finally know what was 5perf65mm and what was 15perf lol)

I took a cheeky look myself too :lol: Will watch it in full when my copy arrives.

lolol

the IMAX stuff looks incredible

there were like two scenes were I thought, well why not use IMAX there too?
Some shots of Priya and Sanjay talking whilst the Protagonist and Neil enter the building and of course the dialogue scene between Priya and the Protagonist in the car. Maybe even some dialogue stuff during the Freeport plan scene but I get why they opted for regular 65m there.
All in all, visually the IMAX stuff is amazing and I saw the regular blu-ray lol I think the 4K looks very close to the 70mm projection, which was bliss

Nomis wrote:
December 5th, 2020, 5:58 am
lolol

the IMAX stuff looks incredible

there were like two scenes were I thought, well why not use IMAX there too?
Oh, yes! But it also made me realize how gorgeous 5/65 is too. There were so many shots I thought were IMAX - shooting the entire film on 65mm film was definitely a smart choice.
Gotta say the Priya scene kinda took me out of immersion (saw it on a laptop screen though). The way it kinda breaks the illusion that it’s all happening at the same time.

Also, it’s weird that the ending is not in IMAX. It cuts from TP in the car to an IMAX shot of Kat then it jumps to 65mm and there is no dialogue.

The red room / blue room is interestingly all 65mm but the kitchen fight is in IMAX!

There’s something magical about IMAX. I don’t know if it’s the aspect ratio or the extra depth of field but it’s such a pleasingly beautiful image.

Probably because they had an 65mm camera for the entire scene and then either shot Debicki's shots later or earlier, maybe not even on the same day lol (which I doubt)
As for Priya scene in Mumbai, ikr

Makes sense the
red/blue room
is all 65mm tbh.

But I would've loved it if they shot the ending all in IMAX.

It does make sense but it’s such a visually striking sequence so it would’ve been cool if it was shot in IMAX.

Maybe they ran out of film lol.