TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
December 24th, 2019, 12:51 am
Has anyone here seen the Red Dwarf series and its “backwards” episode? I came across a comment on an article saying that Tenet new trailer feels like that. Didn’t know of its existence until now so I read the plot and the episode has an interesting concept for things in reverse. Not like they were the first though cause Bellona's Husband: A Romance (1887) had done time reverse narrative way before them as you can see.

What do you all think when compared to the footage (prologue and trailers) we have from Tenet?
I haven't heard of it, but I was thinking about time reverse in media. There was one Family Guy episode, where Stewie's time machine broke and we saw a couple of famous episode moments happen backwards. Also just 2 days after the release of the trailer I accidentally found a novel written by Philip K. Dick which in my understading deals with the concept of the Big Crunch. It's titled Counter-Clock World. Jaco Van Dormael's movie, Mr. Nobody contains that idea, too.

quervo wrote:
December 24th, 2019, 5:31 am
Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
December 24th, 2019, 12:51 am
Has anyone here seen the Red Dwarf series and its “backwards” episode? I came across a comment on an article saying that Tenet new trailer feels like that. Didn’t know of its existence until now so I read the plot and the episode has an interesting concept for things in reverse. Not like they were the first though cause Bellona's Husband: A Romance (1887) had done time reverse narrative way before them as you can see.

What do you all think when compared to the footage (prologue and trailers) we have from Tenet?
Also just 2 days after the release of the trailer I accidentally found a novel written by Philip K. Dick which in my understading deals with the concept of the Big Crunch. It's titled Counter-Clock World.
Very interesting. Nolan is a big fan of Blade Runner. Maybe he studied Phillip K. Dicks works :thumbup:

quervo wrote:
December 24th, 2019, 5:31 am

I haven't heard of it, but I was thinking about time reverse in media. There was one Family Guy episode, where Stewie's time machine broke and we saw a couple of famous episode moments happen backwards. Also just 2 days after the release of the trailer I accidentally found a novel written by Philip K. Dick which in my understading deals with the concept of the Big Crunch. It's titled Counter-Clock World. Jaco Van Dormael's movie, Mr. Nobody contains that idea, too.
I actually was reading about that Counter-Clock World. Very interesting and bizarre.

Some people are saying that maybe Nolan is doing something like a North to Northwest with a backwards, forwards, upwards and downwards high concept. And considering how he recently said that they go to different places and cross different genres with this one then it could be but it’s really hard to determine the route the movie will go for although that’s better because the surprise doesn’t get ruined. Better to go fresh about it in my opinion :)

X-MementoMori-X wrote:
December 24th, 2019, 6:46 am

Very interesting. Nolan is a big fan of Blade Runner. Maybe he studied Phillip K. Dicks works :thumbup:
Yes very interesting indeed and he probably did. Some people say that it will be about time travel but I don't think so cause Nolan usually doesn’t like when his new movies look too similar to his earlier work and interstellar in a different way had some kind of time travel, well, not time travel per se but more like a sort of interactive timeline travel. :lol: So I’m thinking this film will be something pretty weird involving time but very different hopefully.
Damn that tesseract scene was great. :D
Last edited by Paradoxicalparabola on December 24th, 2019, 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OH it's NOT a INCEPTION sequel. Just close the deal please......

This isn't even thematically connected to Inception, leave alone being a prequel/sequel/spinoff. You'll slowly come to know more as the marketing starts to ramp up with more posters and trailers. And this is not a movie about time travel either. Calling TENET a movie about Time Travel is like saying Inglourious Basterds was a movie about Hitler.

GoldenEyes wrote:
December 24th, 2019, 12:46 pm
This isn't even thematically connected to Inception, leave alone being a prequel/sequel/spinoff. You'll slowly come to know more as the marketing starts to ramp up with more posters and trailers. And this is not a movie about time travel either. Calling TENET a movie about Time Travel is like saying Inglourious Basterds was a movie about Hitler.
Some people keep going for some sort of connection to inception. This shared universe thing has become annoying because now a lot of people want this to happen or assume it will. And I agree, I don't think Tenet will be about time travel.

DUNKIRKIE wrote:
December 24th, 2019, 12:37 pm
OH it's NOT a INCEPTION sequel. Just close the deal please......
Don't get your hopes up. They are gonna keep going on and on about Tenet being connected to inception. Just ignore it. I don't know what will happen but we'll find out once we watch the film.

If movie sequels are banned for some decades, we'll have golden age of cinema once again.

IIIWheels wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 7:56 pm
It is heavily inferred by the trailer/prologue sizzle reel that one antagonist is Kenneth Branagh's character.
If I had to guess the other one is either Elizabeth Debicki or Pattinson.
Since Nolan loves female villains, I will guess Debicki is the second villain. :ninja: .
Nolan is not going to do the Miranda Tate thing again... I hope.