TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
The Special One wrote:
July 9th, 2020, 2:28 am
intersteIIarx wrote:
July 9th, 2020, 12:41 am

🙄 why are they still wasting money doing this. There’s no way it’ll open Aug 12
Love the confidence
You have to admit if all the marketing is any indication, it seems if it doesn’t open August 12 it will open shortly thereafter.

KEM wrote:
July 8th, 2020, 7:42 pm
Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
July 8th, 2020, 6:43 pm
KEM wrote:
July 8th, 2020, 4:54 pm
We’re most likely going to be seeing Nolan working with Ludwig from now on, which is a good thing as Ludwig is the future of this industry. Him and Hans are still friends, but I can assure you all that Dune had nothing to do with him not doing Tenet, their working relationship was strained so Hans most likely told him to hire Ludwig, and now we’re here.
You don’t really know if their relationship was strained because we are out of the loop on that assuming you mean like they weren’t on good terms by the end of Dunkirk. Some people here talk like they are Nolan or Hans. Sorry but until they say something official on the matter, it can all be speculation or rumors. It might be or not.
I’m a film composer myself, I know how these things work, it’s not like Chris and Hans are mad each other or anything, but it’s the same reason Hans won’t work with Ridley Scott anymore, they’re still great friends and love each other and the work they did together, but it’s obvious that Hans and Chris will most likely not be working together in the future, this has literally NOTHING to do with Dune, there was no schedule conflict there. But either way, Ludwig is the perfect choice, he’s the future of this industry and he’s the most innovate blockbuster composer out there right now, so I’d rather him stick with Ludwig anyways.
Dune was one of his favorite books as a kid, so he couldn't turn down that opportunity. Hans has said he's doing Dune because of his love for the source material, and Nolan understands that.

Tarssauce wrote:
July 8th, 2020, 4:20 pm
He had plenty of time to work on both movies lol. He’s working on Dune right now and probably has until November to finish the score. He did Bond and other projects in the last couple of months. I mean a Nolan project is a huge commitment since the composer would be involved very early and continue to work on it until it is finished but still...

I know whatever decision they might have made hasn’t affected their friendship. They’re not enemies, they just may not work together again and that’s not the end of the world - but we’ll have to wait and see.

Hans is very diplomatic. He wants people to think he didn’t do Tenet because of Dune. Even Nolan admitted that the music team weren’t happy with what they had to do as it presented many technical problems but they got there eventually.
Buts Hans chose Dune over TENET because of his love of the book as a kid.

KEM
speedy117 wrote:
July 9th, 2020, 11:40 am
KEM wrote:
Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
July 8th, 2020, 6:43 pm

You don’t really know if their relationship was strained because we are out of the loop on that assuming you mean like they weren’t on good terms by the end of Dunkirk. Some people here talk like they are Nolan or Hans. Sorry but until they say something official on the matter, it can all be speculation or rumors. It might be or not.
I’m a film composer myself, I know how these things work, it’s not like Chris and Hans are mad each other or anything, but it’s the same reason Hans won’t work with Ridley Scott anymore, they’re still great friends and love each other and the work they did together, but it’s obvious that Hans and Chris will most likely not be working together in the future, this has literally NOTHING to do with Dune, there was no schedule conflict there. But either way, Ludwig is the perfect choice, he’s the future of this industry and he’s the most innovate blockbuster composer out there right now, so I’d rather him stick with Ludwig anyways.
Dune was one of his favorite books as a kid, so he couldn't turn down that opportunity. Hans has said he's doing Dune because of his love for the source material, and Nolan understands that.
That’s a PR response, like I said, it has NOTHING to do with why he didn’t do Tenet, there was no scheduling conflicts or anything of the sort, Hans and his team would’ve had more than enough time to score Tenet.

KEM wrote:
July 9th, 2020, 12:07 pm
speedy117 wrote:
KEM wrote:

That’s a PR response, like I said, it has NOTHING to do with why he didn’t do Tenet, there was no scheduling conflicts or anything of the sort, Hans and his team would’ve had more than enough time to score Tenet.
So anything said the press is a lie? Why even bother to write articles if they are just spewing bullshit out of their mouths then? Also you don't know about his scheduling conflicts so it's not fair to say he had more than enough time to score Tenet

speedy117 wrote:
July 9th, 2020, 11:43 am
Buts Hans chose Dune over TENET because of his love of the book as a kid.
That’s what he wants you to believe. He’s not gonna say in the press that he won’t work with Nolan - again we don’t know if he won’t but we know it’s not because of Dune. At first, I thought it was a scheduling conflict (he had WW84, Top Gun, SpongeBob in the summer) but WW84 was finished last year and again he worked on 3-4 more new projects after Tenet was announced.

And yes I don’t know Hans or Chris but I’ve chatted with someone who has direct contact with Hans and RCP composers, and they were at RCP while Dunkirk was being made and they said the atmosphere was tense because it was a big and difficult task. It doesn’t surprise me they would take a break from working together. Nolan introduced something with the screenplay, Zimmer was inspired to go in a different direction that was very tricky and he said himself he almost backed out of doing so but Nolan pushed them to see it through.

Note that Hans is very secretive about the process and the technique used for Dunkirk.

KEM
speedy117 wrote:
July 9th, 2020, 12:27 pm
KEM wrote:
July 9th, 2020, 12:07 pm
speedy117 wrote:

So anything said the press is a lie? Why even bother to write articles if they are just spewing bullshit out of their mouths then? Also you don't know about his scheduling conflicts so it's not fair to say he had more than enough time to score Tenet
I do know about Hans scheduling conflicts because I know how long it takes to do a score and it’s public knowledge what scores he’s composing and when the films come out. If Hans didn’t have time to score Tenet, then why did he agree to do Bond with only 2 months left before release earlier this year? He did so because it wasn’t about scheduling. Hans could’ve scored Tenet with no problem, he’s scored full blockbuster features in as little as two weeks time, and none of the movies he was scheduled to do this year were even near Tenet’s release date, especially Dune. You can believe whatever you want, but I’m telling you exactly how it is.

Your answer states that if Hans wasn't too busy for Bond, then he wasn't too busy for Tenet. But it should be obvious to anyone why that's a poor argument.

KEM
TeddyBlass wrote:
July 9th, 2020, 1:26 pm
Your answer states that if Hans wasn't too busy for Bond, then he wasn't too busy for Tenet. But it should be obvious to anyone why that's a poor argument.
No it’s not, because he’s trying to say that Dune is the reason Hans didn’t do Tenet, when that’s just not the case, and him doing Bond last minute is proof that he had the time.

Is it possible that the work period for Bond didn't overlap with any other projects, but the work period for Tenet did?

Of course it is.

My argument isn't that there aren't multiple factors involved with Hans not doing Tenet, but that scheduling absolutely could've been a factor, and that using Bond as a scheduling example is a poor argument.

Also why should we trust someone who doesn't work for Hans to know "exactly" how it is?