TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
I always remember that interview he gave for "Premiere", at the end he said that the more he progress in his career the more he wanted to erase all the Hollywoodian clichés and strip down his work ( you can feel it in Dunkirk), and said that when he see a big adventurous and audacious movie in cinema, it's the best cinematic experience he can live:
At the end : http://www.premiere.fr/index.php/Cinema ... aradoxales
Sorry I only found the french version of course, if someone understand it or can translate it.

So yeah I can definitely see him developping this idea of different storylines structures he does with Dunkirk, on a bigger scale and with a bigger experience, and in a more smarter way, even more.

So Teddy, what happened to that "extorting information from Warner Bros. by running with the 4chan leak on the front page" plan?

2 large men in suits paid him a visit

DHOPW42 wrote:
April 9th, 2019, 11:48 am
So Teddy, what happened to that "extorting information from Warner Bros. by running with the 4chan leak on the front page" plan?
Nobody seemed excited by that plan

TeddyBlass wrote:
April 9th, 2019, 1:24 pm
DHOPW42 wrote:
Did you get a text message to keep it oblique?

Another bit of nothing really ...

But I still find it interesting.
Robert Pattinson had just received a text from Emma Thomas, the producer of the mysterious new Christopher Nolan movie he’s scheduled to shoot later this year. The message read: “Keep it oblique.” Pattinson was on the promotional trail for Claire Denis’ interstellar “High Life,” a characteristically elliptical probe into dark thoughts and black holes, and the subject of Nolan’s unnamed 2020 tentpole had already come up too many times for comfort. There were breathless news stories about how Pattinson thought the script was “unreal,” and that the actor had only been allowed to read it in a room that was locked from the outside. In an entertainment culture fueled by secrecy and spoilers, Thomas was understandably concerned that her star might spill the beans.

She needn’t have worried. Pattinson couldn’t explain the story if he tried. “Reading the script, you’re like… ‘huh?’” the actor said towards the end of a recent interview at A24’s Manhattan headquarters. “I feel like he must have invented something new — it’s incredibly dense, but also so meticulously thought out that it’s very easy to read. It’s cool.” He smiled and shook his head: “I don’t really understand how a lot of it works, but I’m very curious to find out!”
https://www.indiewire.com/2019/04/rober ... 202056670/

Someone at WB threatened a Blasskicking.

Not my proudest moment. Sorry.

Rewatching 2001 again and again made him said : "ok, my turn to make my big immersive and sensory conceptual movie".

I'm starting to think this might actually be an Inception sequel/spin-off.

Next year will be exactly 10 years after Inception. We still don't know the title for this film and I'm not sure where all this secrecy is coming from if this was an original movie. I mean if they gave us the title it wouldn't really spoil anything if it's an original idea. Plus the whole Clooney concept of "one for us, one for you". Nolan has made two films for himself in a row. It might be time when the studio says that they want a hit sequel and they want it now. Finally, the very quick response to the original report that this film will be a "North by Northwest meets Inception" movie... maybe the original reporter was closer to the truth than he thought and the studio and Nolan wanted to shut it down.

I still hope it's an original but... it makes you think.

DHOPW42 wrote:
April 9th, 2019, 1:31 pm
TeddyBlass wrote:
April 9th, 2019, 1:24 pm
DHOPW42 wrote:
Did you get a text message to keep it oblique?