TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
KEM
DUNKIRKIE wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 7:25 pm
No, just that China has made high quality camrips a fucking art basically.
This is very true and I’m so ashamed of it :facepalm:
How good are they?

KEM wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 10:20 pm
DUNKIRKIE wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 7:25 pm
No, just that China has made high quality camrips a fucking art basically.
This is very true and I’m so ashamed of it :facepalm:
How good are they?
Idk i have never watched them.

if anyone can find post the contents of these magazines as well :

They are doing a Christopher Nolan throwback
and includes TENET as well

This is the french S.F.X magazine not the English one which was posted in the updates thread earlier

If you ask me it doesnt make any sense. In May when WB wanted to delay Tenet further, Nolan refused to delay it and wanted to release it in July and he knew that NY and LA theaters were still closed. And now WB are considering to release it internationaly, Nolan refusing it. I dont know what Christopher Nolan wants at this point.

WB and Nolan should be happy that international markets exist and are open and running, because without them the studio are nothing. I think it is very selfish by Nolan to ignore international movie theaters when they are movie theaters too and strugling too to be open. I understand why international markets are urging studios to release the movies, because what is the valueable point to be open when you are not showing new movies? You asking people to buy tickets for old movies? If Nolan wants to release Tenet at the same date globaly as US, he must and should know that it will be not in 2020 but Maybe in 2021.

What if international markets coming to the point to refuse to show their movies, because the studios are waiting for to long to release their movies. When that comes to the reality, oh boy studios will lose 60-75% of total box office. So my advice will be to take this serieusly, because if you lose most of the international markets, you have very very big problem.

hamid1993ss wrote:
July 16th, 2020, 9:18 am
If you ask me it doesnt make any sense. In May when WB wanted to delay Tenet further, Nolan refused to delay it and wanted to release it in July and he knew that NY and LA theaters were still closed. And now WB are considering to release it internationaly, Nolan refusing it. I dont know what Christopher Nolan wants at this point.
Did anyone say that Nolan was against that option? Mind you, in a way everyone is against the option, but sooner or later they need to either delay it indefinitely or come up with a "less catastrophic" solution. But I don't remember seeing it anywhere that Nolan himself doesn't support the idea of internation releases.

hamid1993ss wrote:

WB and Nolan should be happy that international markets exist and are open and running, because without them the studio are nothing. I think it is very selfish by Nolan to ignore international movie theaters when they are movie theaters too and strugling too to be open. I understand why international markets are urging studios to release the movies, because what is the valueable point to be open when you are not showing new movies? You asking people to buy tickets for old movies? If Nolan wants to release Tenet at the same date globaly as US, he must and should know that it will be not in 2020 but Maybe in 2021.

What if international markets coming to the point to refuse to show their movies, because the studios are waiting for to long to release their movies. When that comes to the reality, oh boy studios will lose 60-75% of total box office. So my advice will be to take this serieusly, because if you lose most of the international markets, you have very very big problem.
“International markets coming to the point to refuse to show their movies”
Let me stop you there. Cinema chains and the industry at large are losing money every day they don’t open and becoming a day closer to bankruptcy. ( just look at the number of Chinese cinemas that became insolvent). They won’t open for Unhinged but there’s no way they aren’t gonna show Tenet. They need to show as many new tentpole/blockbuster films as possible to attract more butts in seats and generate enough revenue to cover their overheads. They’re at the mercy of studios feeding them films to exhibit, not the other way around
Last edited by intersteIIarx on July 16th, 2020, 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

intersteIIarx wrote:
July 16th, 2020, 9:28 am
hamid1993ss wrote:

“International markets coming to the point to refuse to show their movies”
Let me stop you there. Cinema chains and the industry at large is losing money every day they don’t open. They won’t open for Unhinged but there’s no way they aren’t gonna show Tenet. They need to show as many new tentpole/blockbuster films as possible to attract more butts in seats and generate enough revenue to cover their overheads. They’re at the mercy of studios feeding them films to exhibit, not the other way around
What i am trying to say that what if most of the international markets will go out of business? Wb will lose more and more money. Most of the money comes from international markets and not from US. WB and Nolan should be happy that international markets are open and running. Delaying it every time by 2 weeks will solve nothing, we will be sitting here for ever. US will be not better untill 2021.

If they delay it again, most of the people will lose their interest in this movie because how long will they be hyped for movie that comes never out?

Sorry but Nolan becoming very anoying now. If he wants to help movie theaters he should look at the international markets as well and not only US movie theaters.

DHOPW42 wrote:
July 16th, 2020, 9:26 am
Did anyone say that Nolan was against that option? Mind you, in a way everyone is against the option, but sooner or later they need to either delay it indefinitely or come up with a "less catastrophic" solution. But I don't remember seeing it anywhere that Nolan himself doesn't support the idea of internation releases.
He kinda did per this report.

collin49 wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 3:13 pm
https://www.vulture.com/2020/07/is-tene ... ummer.html

According to two insiders, with foreign ticket sales expected to account for two-thirds of Tenet’s overall gross, Nolan and Warner executives discussed releasing the film internationally ahead of the North American rollout, a relatively risky strategy in an era of rampant overseas movie piracy, when most major motion pictures arrive in theaters worldwide on the same date. But according to these sources, the filmmaker ...wanted to help support American theaters in their time of need by sticking to the original plan.

Tarssauce wrote:
July 16th, 2020, 9:42 am
DHOPW42 wrote:
July 16th, 2020, 9:26 am
He kinda did per this report.

collin49 wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 3:13 pm
https://www.vulture.com/2020/07/is-tene ... ummer.html

According to two insiders, with foreign ticket sales expected to account for two-thirds of Tenet’s overall gross, Nolan and Warner executives discussed releasing the film internationally ahead of the North American rollout, a relatively risky strategy in an era of rampant overseas movie piracy, when most major motion pictures arrive in theaters worldwide on the same date. But according to these sources, the filmmaker ...wanted to help support American theaters in their time of need by sticking to the original plan.
Yeah that is what i am talking about. But WB will make the final decision and not Nolan. Like Nolan himself said that it is out of his control. So he can talk what he wants but WB will make the decision, what the best option is.

I send below mail to Warner bros to release Tenet internationaly few days ago. I dont think WB read my mail but i find it very funny that WB are considering now to release Tenet internationaly. [img]C:\Users\31633\Documents\mail.png[/img]