TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
BroskiSabor wrote:
December 29th, 2020, 11:35 am
Can someone explain to me the
mechanics of the capsule at Stalsk-12 and how exactly the fully-assembled algorithm was supposed to destroy the world? It seemed to me if the algorithm had been dropped into the capsule, it would have allowed Sator to carry out his plan, but how?

Also, was Neil the gunman at the very beginning of the film in the opera house that saved the Protagonist's life? When did he go back to that point?
The plan was: Sator kills himself, the dead man’s switch aka the FitBit he always wears broadcasts the location of the capsule. The capsule would’ve been buried and sealed by the explosion. The bad guys in the future would’ve received the location of the capsule, they would’ve dug it up, they would use the algorithm to invert the entropy of the world, destroying the past.

Yes, that’s Neil at the opera. The red string on his backpack indicates such. He would likely have inverted shortly before formally meeting young Protagonist in India. That’s also Niel who saved Protagonist again in the end, as indicated by the same red string. That’s always going to be Niel’s fate, he died saving Protagonist. It happened very shortly after the final battle. Neil gives his portion of the algorithm to Protagonist because he won’t be alive much longer to hide it properly.

CobbisDreaming wrote:
December 22nd, 2020, 8:35 pm
If you’ve watched TENET, and you’re interested in understanding and learning about the philosophical arguments the film makes...and you’d like to gain a clear summary and interpretation of the movie including its hidden messages (like the Sator Square) and how it relates to the film’s Fatalism theme....then please read the first published academic article on TENET entitled: “Tenet as Philosophy: Fatalism Isn’t an Excuse to Do Nothing” in The Palgrave Handbook of Popular Culture as Philosophy. Here’s the link:

https://link.springer.com/referencework ... 134-6_99-1
if anyone's got access we transfer this
my institution doesnt have springer access
sci-hub also doesnt work for this

Ace

Ace
Richard King talks Tenet
In this episode Richard King joins us to talk about the ultra complicated sound for Christopher Nolan’s film, Tenet. We talk about creating interesting sound design for scenes happening in reverse time, how to build big cinematic body punches and his thoughts on the controversy over the film’s dialog mix.

Do you guys have any film podcast recommendations? I really wanna find some.

DUNKIRKIE wrote:
January 13th, 2021, 10:49 am
Does The John Campea Show count?

KEM
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
January 13th, 2021, 11:02 am
DUNKIRKIE wrote:
Does The John Campea Show count?
LOVE John Campea, watch him everyday.

DUNKIRKIE wrote:
Any film podcast?

The Slashfilmcast
Filmspotting
The Next Picture Show
The Film Vault
Unspooled
Now Playing - The Movie Reviews Podcast
The Big Picture (this is ok, not one of my favorites)

Don't forget blank check !

-Vader

Thanks boosty and vader. I usually just listen to the ringer's the Rewatchables, but there's only so many of them and I'm running out lol