TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Lets not get polarized here, the discussion doesnt warrant getting this heated tbh, lets keep it friendly

Two big updates:

1.) NYC aren't getting theaters anytime soon according to Cuomo, citing high risk and lack of being essential at all.

2.) AMC announced they will have spacing every other seat, claiming this was always the plan but their system couldn't do it yet. I call bullshit, as multiple theaters were already doing that, but at best they were allowing people to clump together knowing it wouldn't be safe yet. Either way, it's a bit of good news.

I personally bought some legit KN95 masks to be extra safe vs just a regular cloth mask for Tenet.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
August 17th, 2020, 6:02 pm
Two big updates:

1.) NYC aren't getting theaters anytime soon according to Cuomo, citing high risk and lack of being essential at all.

2.) AMC announced they will have spacing every other seat, claiming this was always the plan but their system couldn't do it yet. I call bullshit, as multiple theaters were already doing that, but at best they were allowing people to clump together knowing it wouldn't be safe yet. Either way, it's a bit of good news.

I personally bought some legit KN95 masks to be extra safe vs just a regular cloth mask for Tenet.

-Vader
Masks are worn mainly to protect others, not yourself. Also, N95 masks are so uncomfortable; can't imagine wearing one for close to three hours. Good luck!

gropercity wrote:
August 17th, 2020, 6:11 pm
Masks are worn mainly to protect others, not yourself. Also, N95 masks are so uncomfortable; can't imagine wearing one for close to three hours. Good luck!
Masks that are well fitted to your face absolutely do protect the wearer from infectious droplets, aerosols, and other particles. So while yes, they should be worn to mainly protect others, masks can and will protect the wearer as well. And the better the mask, the better the protection, IE an N95 is a lot safer for the wearer than a typical cloth mask.

And thank you, I am nervous about it. I saw Raiders in a mostly empty IMAX yesterday, and half the audience had masks off start to finish.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
August 17th, 2020, 6:21 pm
gropercity wrote:
August 17th, 2020, 6:11 pm
Masks that are well fitted to your face absolutely do protect the wearer from infectious droplets, aerosols, and other particles. So while yes, they should be worn to mainly protect others, masks can and will protect the wearer as well. And the better the mask, the better the protection, IE an N95 is a lot safer for the wearer than a typical cloth mask.

And thank you, I am nervous about it. I saw Raiders in a mostly empty IMAX yesterday, and half the audience had masks off start to finish.

-Vader
Yea, I was going to say the same thing about the N95s. I have to wear them for work every now and then and they get uncomfortable very quick. Make sure you use a brand new one because when I asked a nurse when the N95 is "worn out" she said, "wear it until it's hard to breathe in". And let me tell you, it's hard to breathe in from the get-go.

galkor wrote:
August 17th, 2020, 1:35 pm
cute misogyny, guys. anyway, i applaud uk for enforcing these changes, we don't need the violence on women to be normolized. i'm disgusted with nolan for making this scene in the first place. we're not in time where memento was fine. we as sociey should move on. you can imply the violence happening but not show it, it's not that hard, see: hannibal killing off one of important supporting female characters in s2.
This comment is ridiculous. Sorry, had to say something.

marshallmurphy wrote:
August 17th, 2020, 9:13 pm
galkor wrote:
cute misogyny, guys. anyway, i applaud uk for enforcing these changes, we don't need the violence on women to be normolized. i'm disgusted with nolan for making this scene in the first place. we're not in time where memento was fine. we as sociey should move on. you can imply the violence happening but not show it, it's not that hard, see: hannibal killing off one of important supporting female characters in s2.
portraying something in a film is a whole universe apart from endorsing it, thats one of the reasons why we make films in the first place, Galkor`s logic is so broken that im may even imply that we should make fiction in the first place, its frankly ridiculous.

Nicolaslabra wrote:
August 17th, 2020, 9:43 pm
marshallmurphy wrote:
galkor wrote:
portraying something in a film is a whole universe apart from endorsing it, thats one of the reasons why we make films in the first place, Galkor`s logic is so broken that im may even imply that we should make fiction in the first place, its frankly ridiculous.
Exactly, that's like saying we shouldn't make any more Holocaust/WW2 movies because that would be normalizing Nazism.

ninenin wrote:
August 17th, 2020, 9:56 pm
Nicolaslabra wrote:
August 17th, 2020, 9:43 pm
marshallmurphy wrote:

Exactly, that's like saying we shouldn't make any more Holocaust/WW2 movies because that would be normalizing Nazism.
I mean, if we are following this logic...any depiction of violence (particularly gun violence) would be morally abohorant, and would contribute to actual violence. Depicting anything that is bad...would be indorsement? I dunno, don't know why I commented this is all dumb. I live in Canada, I'll see those 9 secs.

Exhibitors are bullish. Hayden Orpheum Picture Palace GM Alex Temesvari tells IF: I’ve seen Tenet and I believe it’s going to drive large audiences back to the cinema. It’s the first true event film of the year and audiences have been starved of big budget spectacles for most of 2020.

Majestic Cinemas CEO Kieren Dell hasn’t seen Nolan’s film but has spoken to other exhibitors who say that, while the plot is hard to describe, they rate it as the best action movie in a decade.

Cinema Nova CEO Kristian Connelly hasn’t seen it but industry colleagues told him it’s worth the wait and should do considerable repeat business.
https://www.if.com.au/chris-nolans-spy- ... ed-waters/

Hopefully not just marketing for people to go watch the film.