TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
El Especial wrote:
July 14th, 2020, 8:30 pm
I have a feeling WB will push on with the mid August date in international markets only. The U.S. is nowhere near ready to open up their theaters right now, expect another delay announcement any day now.
Theaters are open and playing movies. At least in my state. And my state is one of the worst hit right now. Not sure how/why we have theaters open yet others do not. This whole situation is infuriating.

gropercity wrote:
July 14th, 2020, 11:10 pm
El Especial wrote:
I have a feeling WB will push on with the mid August date in international markets only. The U.S. is nowhere near ready to open up their theaters right now, expect another delay announcement any day now.
Theaters are open and playing movies. At least in my state. And my state is one of the worst hit right now. Not sure how/why we have theaters open yet others do not. This whole situation is infuriating.
which state are you in?

dragon_phoenix wrote:
July 14th, 2020, 11:12 pm
gropercity wrote:
El Especial wrote:
which state are you in?
Texas

gropercity wrote:
El Especial wrote:
Different countries/states have various thresholds. In Melbourne Australia, we've got about 2000 cases in total and we're completely locked down until Aug 17. Whilst other countries have thousands of cases a day yet everything is open. :think:

intersteIIarx wrote:
July 14th, 2020, 11:38 pm
gropercity wrote:
El Especial wrote:
Different countries/states have various thresholds. In Melbourne Australia, we've got about 2000 cases in total and we're completely locked down until Aug 17. Whilst other countries have thousands of cases a day yet everything is open. :think:
Yeah, everything is open in certain states like Texas because we have dumbass redneck idiots in charge who don't believe in science.

Joshua Strong wrote:
July 14th, 2020, 11:05 pm
Is anyone else having a hard time believing that $800m target to break even? The movie cost $225M at the most, I’m sure there are rebates since they did a lot of location work. And there’s no sports, so marketing cost should be really low.

Anyone has any thoughts?
$800 million seems high. I'd figure around 550-600 million worldwide to break even and after that profit. Though that is in normal times pre-Covid.

KEM
I’ve lost hope of this movie making any money, actually I’ve lost hope of even seeing it in theaters lol

The 800M figure is probably just a click bait to get more clicks.

500 M to break even sounds more right to me.

Guys do you know how to see the footage on UFC match in full screen?
Last edited by Pablo michel on July 15th, 2020, 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

radewart wrote:
July 14th, 2020, 11:49 pm
Joshua Strong wrote:
July 14th, 2020, 11:05 pm
Is anyone else having a hard time believing that $800m target to break even? The movie cost $225M at the most, I’m sure there are rebates since they did a lot of location work. And there’s no sports, so marketing cost should be really low.

Anyone has any thoughts?
$800 million seems high. I'd figure around 550-600 million worldwide to break even and after that profit. Though that is in normal times pre-Covid.
this is more accurate.

-Vader