TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
dragon_phoenix wrote:
July 7th, 2020, 8:22 pm
KEM wrote:
July 7th, 2020, 2:59 pm
Very interesting, I’m excited to hear how that sounds. So far the score seems to be much more sound design heavy, so I think this closer, focused orchestral sound will be really cool
I agree. The music in the prologue sounds like a modern electronic band music rather than the typical orchestral sound. Having the musicians record their individiual parts is not that bad of a deal.

Film music tend to receive significant electronic enhancements anyway.
The prologue music was done before the lockdown though, so can't we assume that the musicians recorded together for this?

Do you all think that the prologue music is going to be changed now that the score couldn't be finished in the same way? Like, it would be weird for that part to sound different than the rest of the movie, so maybe they had to change it. That would kind of suck, because that music was perfect.

I have no idea how scoring a film works, so maybe this is way off.

KEM
marshallmurphy wrote:
July 7th, 2020, 8:40 pm
dragon_phoenix wrote:
July 7th, 2020, 8:22 pm
KEM wrote:
July 7th, 2020, 2:59 pm
Very interesting, I’m excited to hear how that sounds. So far the score seems to be much more sound design heavy, so I think this closer, focused orchestral sound will be really cool
I agree. The music in the prologue sounds like a modern electronic band music rather than the typical orchestral sound. Having the musicians record their individiual parts is not that bad of a deal.

Film music tend to receive significant electronic enhancements anyway.
The prologue music was done before the lockdown though, so can't we assume that the musicians recorded together for this?

Do you all think that the prologue music is going to be changed now that the score couldn't be finished in the same way? Like, it would be weird for that part to sound different than the rest of the movie, so maybe they had to change it. That would kind of suck, because that music was perfect.

I have no idea how scoring a film works, so maybe this is way off.
I don’t remember even hearing any orchestra in the prologue, it was all sound design and percussion, if there was any it certainly wasn’t the focus

KEM wrote:
July 7th, 2020, 8:45 pm
I don’t remember even hearing any orchestra in the prologue, it was all sound design and percussion, if there was any it certainly wasn’t the focus
I guess you're right. If the whole soundtrack ends up sounding like the music in the prologue, I will be very happy!

KEM
marshallmurphy wrote:
July 7th, 2020, 9:00 pm
KEM wrote:
July 7th, 2020, 8:45 pm
I guess you're right. If the whole soundtrack ends up sounding like the music in the prologue, I will be very happy!
Me too!! When I first saw the prologue after seeing the teaser and the first trailer figured it’d be an all electronic score, the only time we really hear orchestral elements is in the second trailer, but if he blends them together even half as well as he did in Venom we’re sure to have an incredible score!!

Remember the Prologue to Dunkirk though, I really enjoyed it but when the movie came out the music was different. I really enjoyed the final product too, but my guess is it will be different but with many of the same themes.

Do you guys think Nolan will continue to work with Ludwig in the future? I mean Hans Zimmer wasn't available for TENET but he probably will be in the future. But if Ludwig does a damn good job who knows.

speedy117 wrote:
July 8th, 2020, 10:20 am
Do you guys think Nolan will continue to work with Ludwig in the future? I mean Hans Zimmer wasn't available for TENET but he probably will be in the future. But if Ludwig does a damn good job who knows.
I’ve been wondering about this when it comes to Ludwig and Jennifer Lame. But given Nolan’s history with Lee Smith and Hanz Zimmer, I don’t think so but if at some point they are not available then he would probably try to go those two again I’m guessing. Or I could be wrong and he’ll want to try new energy with them while lee and hanz also explore other options.

Desperate to hear Ludwig's work on Tenet. When will they release a piece of the OST just like what they did with Dunkirk?

speedy117 wrote:
July 8th, 2020, 10:20 am
I think even if Ludwig and Jennifer knock it out of the park there is a big chance Hans and Lee will be back on board for the next projects.
Nathan was unavailable for Inception and Guy Hendrix Dyas did an extraordinary job on this one. Still Nathan came back for all the following projects.

A Hans/Ludwig cooperation would be awesome! Sort of like Hans/JNH in TDK.

Oku
Mr. Zimmer is 99.9% out forever.

Clash on Dunkirk and his putting his tour first, lit the fuse.

Then his not doing TENET and public giving what was basically a "lol pass, dune looks better" as his reason, sealed it.