TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
I am sure Nolan has a lot of sway with WB in regular times and they want to keep him happy, but I find it funny that a lot of people think Nolan is like walking in to WB head offices pounding his fist on the desk demanding the Tenet is opening no matter what is going on with Covid-19. WB is and will make the final decision

Besides the point, Nolan and WB have done what many people have basically wanted, saw that cases are still trending high and delayed it twice. They may do it again. Why not wait till the film is actually about to open among high cases before the constant criticism.

I will say that it is frustrating that some people are misinterpreting why what's happening with Tenet is happening - the idea is, as he basically confirmed in the Premiere interview, to release it as soon as cinemas reopen. Like, pushing to release it in July because of 20% first dollar gross deal which..wouldn't be in his interest due to the BO underperformance? Keeping a palindromic date? Greed?

Stubbornness? That's probably part of the answer, about it having to be only in theatres until Xmas and wanting to keep the traditional distribution structure afloat in the age of Netflix instead of embracing the future and - no matter if cinemas are actually open - the situation with the virus. But in any case, he genuinely seems freaked out about the potential demise of that traditional distribution structure. That's why he penned and is pointing people to that Washington Post piece.

Some of you may have laughed at Kyle's open letter on Medium but...is there a better and safer solution if the goal is to keep the exhibition sector as we know it afloat? As one of the other such articles said, the industry needs to balance its will to survive with a will for people to survive. I personally feel major chains giving up the window and going for a Screening Room-type revenue share premium VOD option with the studios - basically what the indies have done - as a temporary fix (and brand it as such, as has been done in Japan) before vaccine/treatment/zero cases etc could be that

Unfortunately there is no perfect solution right now for movie theaters. Hard to see a scenario even if they do reopen for Tenet that they don’t reclose some point later in the year.

But mah internet drama.

If we could get the name of the professionnal critics who relayed that crew member were tortured and then like get them a job at Fox News, or wherever you're supposed to talk without checking your facts, as long as they serve global anger.

Demoph wrote:
June 30th, 2020, 2:39 pm
If we could get the name of the professionnal critics who relayed that crew member were tortured and then like get them a job at Fox News, or wherever you're supposed to talk without checking your facts, as long as they serve global anger.
Hahaha he/she are more proper having job at biggest propaganda factory such as CNN, new york times and co :lol: :lol: :

m4st4 wrote:
June 30th, 2020, 2:31 pm

But mah internet drama.
Ahh can't wait to see exactly 0% of the critics, bashing Nolan a few hours ago, bring this up again.. Embarassing to say the least.

If nothing else it's very clear that a number of critics and journalists are more than ready to bring Nolan and Tenet down. Doesn't matter in the long run but good to know when the reviews for the film hits - they can't be trusted at all.

Ace

Somehow it’s not right to try and clear a story with a statement, even with all the outrage that it caused? :crazy:

Forum Pro
Law
Ace wrote:
June 30th, 2020, 4:01 pm

Somehow it’s not right to try and clear a story with a statement, even with all the outrage that it caused? :crazy:
Cancel culture my friend

I can't stand the sanctimonious clickbait from Indiwire or Collider anymore. They used to be fun sites to read.