TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
DHOPW42 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 6:33 am
Guys, just heard a fun info - nothing revealing, but tells you a lot about the secrecy surrounding this. I have a few actor friends, and one of them mentioned me that he is providing the voice for JDW in the local dubbed version of the film. I did not want to hear anything about the film from him, but he pointed out that he couldn't spoil anything if he tried, as the process was extremely secretive.

He mentioned how it's common practice to have some sort of "botched" version of the final film in the dubbing booth - for example, you see a blurred image, or it can be shown in black-and-white and with huge watermarks plastered over it, but here it was ridiculous: while recording his lines, the most he could see was the face of poor JDW highlighted on an otherwise pitch black screen. Sometimes it was only his mouth, but nothing else :D No context, no surroundings, no sound effects, no music, nothing. He could only guess what the scene was about based on his lines, but that's it :D Told me he never saw anything like this before (although, once again, he pointed out that this is getting more and more common, especially with big studio and franchise films).

I didn't press him on any info, because he told me that, on one hand, he doesn't know anything, and second, obviously he had to sign several NDA contracts :D And I really didn't want him to spoil anything, but luckily he doesn't have the chance anyway. Anyhow, just thought I'd share this with you! :D
Wow thank you so much! I thought my hype levels had peaked but this just intensified it!
:gonf:

DHOPW42 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 6:33 am
Guys, just heard a fun info - nothing revealing, but tells you a lot about the secrecy surrounding this. I have a few actor friends, and one of them mentioned me that he is providing the voice for JDW in the local dubbed version of the film. I did not want to hear anything about the film from him, but he pointed out that he couldn't spoil anything if he tried, as the process was extremely secretive.

He mentioned how it's common practice to have some sort of "botched" version of the final film in the dubbing booth - for example, you see a blurred image, or it can be shown in black-and-white and with huge watermarks plastered over it, but here it was ridiculous: while recording his lines, the most he could see was the face of poor JDW highlighted on an otherwise pitch black screen. Sometimes it was only his mouth, but nothing else :D No context, no surroundings, no sound effects, no music, nothing. He could only guess what the scene was about based on his lines, but that's it :D Told me he never saw anything like this before (although, once again, he pointed out that this is getting more and more common, especially with big studio and franchise films).

I didn't press him on any info, because he told me that, on one hand, he doesn't know anything, and second, obviously he had to sign several NDA contracts :D And I really didn't want him to spoil anything, but luckily he doesn't have the chance anyway. Anyhow, just thought I'd share this with you! :D
Yeah but anyway he might have an idea of what this film is about and the things that will happen because the dialogue is still there.
I mean the man is dubbing JDW -- he knows his lines -- he must know 70% of the film.

I unite in pain and my thoughts are with all of you who has DUBBED (Jesus F. Christ!) live action movies in your countries.

Dubbed films are the worst. :twisted:

I still don't get it why the dubb them ... It ruins the film totally. :lol:

CASE wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 9:18 am
I unite in pain and my thoughts are with all of you who has DUBBED (Jesus F. Christ!) live action movies in your countries.
Actually Hungarian dubs are pretty enjoyable. Not all of them of course. But we have a chance (at least in the capital) to watch them with subtitles, I will definitely give it a try, I'm planning to watch Tenet with original and with dubbed audio as well.

enfitt wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 10:14 am
Some people don’t like to read subtitles; therefore, may lose interest in a movie and WB alongside Nolan crew want to get as much people as possible to watch the film especially with everything that’s going on. For example: many North Americans don’t watch or have not a lot of interest in foreign films because they don’t want to read subtitles. I agree it’s not the same with dub (although a few dubs are pretty good but are very rare) but that’s what it has to be done if they plan to have a broader audience.

Ace

Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 10:27 am
enfitt wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 10:14 am
Some people don’t like to read subtitles; therefore, may lose interest in a movie and WB alongside Nolan crew want to get as much people as possible to watch the film especially with everything that’s going on. For example: many North Americans don’t watch or have not a lot of interest in foreign films because they don’t want to read subtitles. I agree it’s not the same with dub (although a few dubs are pretty good but are very rare) but that’s what it has to be done if they plan to have a broader audience.
I do not have any problem with Nolan and WB strategy of Dubbing, I would have done that myself if I was them. My point is it looks funny to me and strange to know that there are people who want to see dubb versions in this planet :D

I am from a non english speaking country too but I always look forward to see the english version or whatever the official language of the film is cause it's nice to hear to original voice of the actors.