TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Just typed in inversion.com on google for fun and it leads to a blank page which says "please come back later" & "page coming soon"
Maybe its related to Tenet? :think:

always_smiling wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 10:55 am
Just typed in inversion.com on google for fun and it leads to a blank page which says "please come back later" & "page coming soon"
Maybe its related to Tenet? :think:
If they created a website for marketing, I doubt they would call it inversion.com

KEM wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 12:21 am
Never been to a movie that had an intermission before, I feel like that would totally ruin the experience.

I watched 2001: A Space Odyssey on IMAX in 2017, with interlude and intermission. It was awesome and once-in-a-lifetime experience! Didn't feel like ruining anything.

raimibonn wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 12:22 pm
KEM wrote:
Never been to a movie that had an intermission before, I feel like that would totally ruin the experience.

I watched 2001: A Space Odyssey on IMAX in 2017, with interlude and intermission. It was awesome and once-in-a-lifetime experience! Didn't feel like ruining anything.
Me too! my only experience with film intermission

KEM wrote:
Went to Tarantino's Hateful Eight a few years ago, it was a wonderful experience.

The Special One wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 1:18 pm
KEM wrote:
Went to Tarantino's Hateful Eight a few years ago, it was a wonderful experience.
I did TH8 and Dunkirk in 70mm, those analog colors are so rich! The intermission adds to the experience, and it’s nice to have a pee break during a long movie. :)

I saw the Nolan supervised IMAX 70mm print of 2001 at the Cinesphere in 2018. It included a 15 min intermission to mimic what people would have experienced originally in 1968. The lights came on but some atmospheric music kept playing. Given the platter limitations, I assume the black screen was simply 15 mins of black film and therefore would fit in the platter since 2001 is 2h22m.

intersteIIarx wrote:
June 20th, 2020, 3:12 am
dragon_phoenix wrote:
June 19th, 2020, 8:30 pm
intersteIIarx wrote:
June 19th, 2020, 8:23 pm
:lol:

anyways let's bring it back to the actual film. Kind of curious what is a scene or something yall are most looking forward to? :gonf:

For me, I'm a huge nerd for spy thrillers so double agents and double crossing would be cool if it happens. But in terms of scenes I'm really excited for the Tallinn car sequence and the
Eagle Mountain stuff
I want to see how Nolan involves the government in this corrupted world they are in. And also,
Pattinson apparently turning bad by using a tank to chase John Washington and Aaron Taylor-Johnson.
hmm from memory I thought the
tank rumour was related to it crashing into a tram in Tallinn which we didn't get any set pics of so I don't think it was accurate.
I wonder if there was truth to it or if the media was exaggerating.
Ok I found the official source about what I said could be a major spoiler from: https://ew.com/movies/christopher-nolan-tenet-cover/
On an expanse of dusty, sun-blasted terrain approximately 80 miles east of Palm Springs, an abandoned city of destroyed buildings and rubble has been constructed from scratch, a vast set populated by hundreds of extras in military camouflage uniforms. As the day progresses, and the temperature climbs, two of the film’s stars, John David Washington and Aaron Taylor-Johnson, repeatedly sprint down the road bifurcating the cityscape. Robert Pattinson, driving an armored military vehicle, is in hot pursuit; he’s followed by another truck holding both an IMAX camera and Nolan.
I am surprised Nolan let this get reported by the media.

EDIT: Location is different from what you have heard but it's the same action sequence I think.

KEM
Idk maybe I just need to experience it for myself but just the thought of sitting there getting really into the film and all of a sudden it just stops in the middle of it, I’d be so pissed lol

Don't know about your theatre chains, but in Portugal the biggest theater chain has a 7 minute break in every goddamn movie.
It's really annoying.
Only IMAX (which belongs to the same chain), and UCI don't have breaks.