TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
KEM wrote:
June 19th, 2020, 2:30 pm
I’m not seeing the movie if I’m forced to wear a mask. I refuse to wear a mask, sorry not sorry.
I don't understand this logic. Why are people this fucking ignorant? Are you going to suffocate if you wear a mask? Do you feel threatened when wearing a mask is required? What is it? Help me understand.

speedy117 wrote:
June 19th, 2020, 3:22 pm
KEM wrote:
I’m not seeing the movie if I’m forced to wear a mask. I refuse to wear a mask, sorry not sorry.
I don't understand this logic. Why are people this fucking ignorant? Are you going to suffocate if you wear a mask? Do you feel threatened when wearing a mask is required? What is it? Help me understand.
The good ol' me, myself and I logic. Not wearing a mask if mandatory (and it should be) is being a selfish dong, no way around it.

KEM wrote:
Jesus. All this conundrum for wearing a damn mask. You are forced to do many things in life, so I wonder what you do then considering this drama :P

If I go, it will be the earliest screening. The 10am showing for Inception was completely empty. I'll be wearing a mask of course.

Vader182 wrote:
June 19th, 2020, 3:02 pm
radewart wrote:
June 19th, 2020, 2:25 pm
Many people do though in bars and restaurants with air conditioning. Office buildings and daycares people spend much longer time in. Gyms people are sweating all over, it would be impossible to constantly clean equipment and other areas properly.

I'm not excusing movie theaters but they are not anymore dangerous in my mind then other places opening. So, it should be all or nothing. Otherwise, is keeping movie theaters closed while all the rest are open gonna have any significant impact on "flattening the curve"?

And if we decide to have another serious lockdown, then there will be massive short-term and long-term financial hardships for millions of people. And it's easy to say its better than being dead from covid-19. But people don't think there's a even higher risk of death or developing chronic health issues from getting evicted, having trouble putting food on the table, or having money or insurance for medication for yourself or family members.

If we were giving a promise of continued financial assistance or bailout from the government for theaters and retail businesses, I'd be all for further delaying. But that's not gonna happen
kinda sounds like you're bending over backwards to do just that

and btw, 1.) i said patronage. not going to work--that's a whole other kettle of fish. 2.) bars typically open last in the phases plans. they are very dangerous. 3.) average time eating at a nice restaurant is closer to 90 minutes, maybe hour 45 tops. source: my partner is a manager in hospitality. also, tables can be easily wiped down / tablecloths changed. things will get dicey in fall/winter when many are eating inside. 4.) gyms are pretty dangerous too, but most gym sessions are an hour or less. So no, theaters are definitely more dangerous than all of the above examples.

the bottom line, though, is that theaters are infamously filthy petri dishes and sitting for the better part of 3 hours inside them, while AC blows, especially without masks, is highly dangerous. And it would be one thing if AMC/Regal/Cinemark were acting in good faith to make theaters as safe as possible. here's the thing: they're not, dude. 2/3 still aren't requiring masks, and AMC plans to be at 100% capacity by November. That's insane. Theaters absolutely should be singled out, here.

-Vader
Bars are opened now in most places or are opening next month like theaters. Lots of people spend hours and hours in a bar. Gyms deal with sweat, which is likely worse than droplets of breathing from standing next to someone. Those places blow AC just as much as a movie theater. Also, in a movie theater you could seat far away from a person and not visit the concession ticket and buy a ticket online. A bar or restaurant has a waitress or waiter regularly coming up to you.

Also, if your spending 90 mins, 2 hours, or 3 hours somewhere, the risk is the risk. Is there evidence yet to show your chances of getting covid-19 get significantly worse the longer you stay in an environment? In fact, a movie theater has the same people and the same amount in one location, a bar and restaurant would have several more people coming in and out, which would raise the risk of being exposed to someone carrying the disease.

Patronage or having to go to work/use a daycare all fall under the same umbrella, in that social distancing and flattening the curve only really works for an area if all businesses and municipalities are following the same guidelines.

"kinda sounds like you're bending over backwards to do just that "

I did said that all places should be closed including theaters if the government would give aid. But my initial point is that places are reopening regardless and I still don't see anything that says theaters are more dangerous than the previous mentioned places.

My question is this: how will mask-wearing be enforced?

I don’t know if it’s just the theaters I go to, but there are a lot of things they don’t do right and a lot of policies (that are super important) that they don’t enforce. I don’t know how many times I’ve seen kids under seven in R-rated films, for instance, even though they aren’t allowed in even with an adult. This is their policy, yet they don’t follow it.

Also, my parents have gone to church every week now for the past few weeks, and they are required to wear masks. I always ask them for the rundown when they go, and last week they said there was a whole family there without masks on - despite it being required. I would assume churches present the same level of danger as theaters do, but correct me if I’m wrong.

So, what is to stop people from taking their masks off during the film? What is to stop people from buying a box of popcorn and eating a piece every few minutes, since you supposedly don’t have to wear masks whilst eating.

Someone asked what is so hard about wearing a mask. For me, wearing a mask is not hard. The only issue I have with it is that my glasses fog up and I won’t be able to see the movie lol, which kind of sucks. I’m not gonna miss this though, and I’ll be there with that mask on if it’s required. I’ll figure something out for my glasses, not that big of a deal. :lol:

When this whole thing started and I started wearing a mask, my skin would get so irritated from it and I thought I wouldn’t be able to wear one for 2 or 3 hours straight. Now I can wear a mask without any reactions. Not to mention, I wear glasses and they start to fog up as I breathe which isn’t that great but you live with it.

If you, without genuine reason preventing you from wearing a mask, choose not to wear one, then you should stay at home for the greater good. This won’t work if some wear masks and some don’t. Everyone should wear masks to prevent the virus from spreading as much as possible.
marshallmurphy wrote:
June 19th, 2020, 3:44 pm
Someone asked what is so hard about wearing a mask. For me, wearing a mask is not hard. The only issue I have with it is that my glasses fog up and I won’t be able to see the movie lol, which kind of sucks. I’m not gonna miss this though, and I’ll be there with that mask on if it’s required. I’ll figure something out for my glasses, not that big of a deal. :lol:
Same issue here. I went to get a new pair of glasses this week and the guy who works at the store gave me a tip. He said his colleague takes a tissue paper and folds it to create a strip then he inserts the strip at the top of the mask from inside (right where the metal is). Adjust slightly to hide and make it stay in place. I tried it and it worked very well.
Last edited by Tarssauce on June 19th, 2020, 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

radewart wrote:
June 19th, 2020, 3:44 pm
Bars are opened now in most places or are opening next month like theaters. Lots of people spend hours and hours in a bar. Gyms deal with sweat, which is likely worse than droplets of breathing from standing next to someone. Those places blow AC just as much as a movie theater. Also, in a movie theater you could seat far away from a person and not visit the concession ticket and buy a ticket online. A bar or restaurant has a waitress or waiter regularly coming up to you.

Also, if your spending 90 mins, 2 hours, or 3 hours somewhere, the risk is the risk. Is there evidence yet to show your chances of getting covid-19 get significantly worse the longer you stay in an environment? In fact, a movie theater has the same people and the same amount in one location, a bar and restaurant would have several more people coming in and out, which would raise the risk of being exposed to someone carrying the disease.

Patronage or having to go to work/use a daycare all fall under the same umbrella, in that social distancing and flattening the curve only really works for an area if all businesses and municipalities are following the same guidelines.

"kinda sounds like you're bending over backwards to do just that "

I did said that all places should be closed including theaters if the government would give aid. But my initial point is that places are reopening regardless and I still don't see anything that says theaters are more dangerous than the previous mentioned places.
most of these points are things I already addressed or are self-evidently wrong so i'm just gunna let this one go

thing is, i think you know better too.

-Vader

this thread is a flat circle

I genuinely don't think the movie will bomb. It will probably make a bit less $, but a lot of people are definitely eager to return to cinemas. Here in Paris everything is reopening on monday and theaters have announced entire weeks of classic / cult movies projections, with great reception and anticipation on social medias. I've got at least 10 friends who will go see Tenet on opening night :gonf: That being said, everyone I know will wear a mask. This is just commonsense IMHO.