TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
intersteIIarx wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 1:08 am
Alright I'm back. Thanks DUNKIRKIE for the good luck :D Here's the transcript of that very blurry page.
"[TENET] is a spy organization that faces a global threat to the world," says Branagh, 59. "A nuclear holocaust is not the greatest disaster that could happen to the human race."Tenet discusses an even worse possibility, and is embroiled in this mind-blowing treatment of time that continues Chris Nolan's obsession in his films from Memento, through Interstellar and Inception" With Tenet, that concern became what the characters in the movie call "investment," a way to manipulate time so that characters can, for example, "shoot" bullets at a weapon.This latter ability is far more useful than you might think, according to the film's prologue, which was screened in select IMAX rooms prior to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker last December.)

The inversion is inspired by real-life physics and entropy, a measure of disorder and randomness in thermodynamic systems. "This film is not a time travel movie," says Nolan. "It's about time and the different ways time can work. I'm not going to get into a physics lesson, but inversion is this idea of the material that entropy reversed, so it's going back in time, relative with us".

Hey, we thought you said this was not going to be a physics lesson! It is less complicated when Nolan describes his main characters, including that of Washington. "We are dealing with a world of espionage, we are dealing with a world of hidden identities," he says."[John David] is playing an agent known by the term" Protagonist. "Tenet is the name of the organization in which the protagonist is introduced." Given Nolan's love for the 007 movies, it seems that the Washington character is perhaps the closest to a black Bond, although the director quickly points out that the protagonist is not a clone of Ian Fleming's creation."He is very much at the heart of the film, but, unlike Bond, he has very warm emotional accessibility."

Meanwhile, Pattinson plays someone possibly named Neil. "We think he might be called Neil," says Nolan with a laugh. "You never really know what's going on with these identities."Nolan describes Neil-or whatever he is called- as a "slightly rascally character who operates within what they refer to as this twilight world of operatives in different secret services.
It might not be exact to the magazine since I got this quote by translating Spanish to English lmao. But I tried my best and the general gist is right.
Thanks for posting this! Hope your exam went well. It seems like Nolan has some major misunderstanding of thermodynamics. :lol: :lol:

thanks and you're welcome guys. Hopefully EW will announce the July issue and give us HQ pics and quotes. I'm very surprised they haven't even advertised the feature yet lol

So in the California's desert shoot is
Aaron Taylor-Johnson and they built an abandoned city.

AND....
JDW and ATJ being pursued by RPatt....possible villian?

KingOfTheNorth wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 1:59 am
AND....
I didn't want to post about this part because my english is not so good and I don't know if I understood correctly. Thanks
Big spoiler if true and i'm excited
JDW and ATJ teaming up :o
Last edited by Lincoln on June 18th, 2020, 2:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

KingOfTheNorth wrote:
AND....
I doubt they would give away Pattinson as the
turncoat so easily. On the surface it does seem that way, although it can be interpreted in many ways. It could be a situation like in Skyfall, Bond is in pursuit of the baddie and Moneypenny in the car following them.

KingOfTheNorth wrote:
AND....
Really? that was in the article?

dragon_phoenix wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 12:55 am
Hmmm, in countries like Germany, they are still allowing musicians to gather in small groups with social distancing for live, recorded performance. I guess they engaged musicians in countries where this is not allowed. That's unfortunate.
Coz Germany is a better country and less hypocrite than the pathetic UK...LOL

I watched the soccer match city vs arsenal to expect there was another tenet TV SPOT...and what the heck..saw all player forced to promote the political nonsense like wearing BLM shirt and did kneeling, meanwhile the city coach pep guardiola got charged for wearing yellow ribbon coz it contained political massage they said...LOL

That kind of nonsense wont happen in germany..

The Special One wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 2:05 am
KingOfTheNorth wrote:
AND....
Really? that was in the article?
an abandoned city of destroyed building and rubble has been constructed from scratch, a vast set populated by hundreds of extras in military camouflage uniforms. As the day progresses, and the temperature climbs, two of the film's stars, John David Washington and Aaron Taylor-Johnson, repeatedly sprint down the road bifurcating the cityscape, Robert Pattinson, driving an armoured military vehicle, is in hot pursuit, he's followed by another truck holding both an IMAX camera and Nolan. The whole shebang is pretty much the most impressive Hollywood-financed flex you could hope to see. Even Nolan, 50 who has plenty of experience directing out-size movies- Interstellar, Inception and the Christian Bale - starring Dark Knight Trilogy - seems impressed. "The set would certainly rank as one of the largest-scale outdoor builds of all time," he says. "It's Colossal"

Another thing I noticed about the watch and its relation to TENET which was interesting....I will put it in spoiler tags just incase
If you scroll down on your computer to the section that talks about 40 days until the hunt....a huge picture of the watch shows up....the left side in red, the right side in blue....as a whole the watch comes to a stop...if you scroll on the blue side begins to return to the top of the page/backwards in time....as the red side continues downward/forward in time. Very clever on their part.
Also once you hit the bottom of the page and you play the video....I'm 99% certain that music may be a subset ambient theme from Ludwig's score. I only say this because almost had the chance to work with Ludwig on musical stuff and I'm quite familiar with his sound choices. The synth bass has similar vibes to the prologue and teaser. He is going to knock it out of the park...he is a genius
Last edited by KingOfTheNorth on June 18th, 2020, 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.