TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
We had a similar situation in Chile at the start of the year, cinemas closed for the protests aswell, it might not even be the virus that delays Tenet, who knows how much this situation will drag, the protests only stopped here because of the virus, otherwise they would still happen, but in a smaller scale anyways, now everything is uncertain, but they are other priorities right now.

I’m worried there’s going to be a lot of new infections among communities that are more vulnerable. And these protests are happening in big cities already struggling with the virus. Phased re-openings will likely be delayed or reversed in many areas.

It should be noted this is not a criticism of the protests or a call from them to end ✊

TeddyBlass wrote:
May 31st, 2020, 5:56 pm
I’m worried there’s going to be a lot of new infections among communities that are more vulnerable. And these protests are happening in big cities already struggling with the virus. Phased re-openings will likely be delayed or reversed in many areas.

It should be noted this is not a criticism of the protests or a call from them to end ✊
Lightfood suggested we may delay reopening on June 3rd because of the presumption of viral spread. There absolutely will be a spike in cases, sadly.

There's already horrible optics on this, since some are taking it as Chicago "punishing" the population for protesting, especially given how badly the optics already are in how she's handled the protests/riots.

Basically, no matter what this will be a mess going forward.

-Vader

If anything these protests are going to ease the fear people are going to have of large crowds. Tenet will be huge.

Fear of crowds is one thing, increase in cases is another. Governments aren't going to reopen theaters if there's a big spike in cases and hospitalizations due people gathering in crowds.

Forum Pro
Law
I will say, if cases don't increase despite all the recent human contact. The government has a lot of explaining to do.

I did some research and was able to find the VFX count for Nolan's big films (someone on Reddit posted the count, and I posted here wondering if they were accurate numbers). I was able to find interviews and articles talking about the effects, so these should be fairly accurate.

I can't believe how few Tenet has. I thought Dunkirk was the most "real" an action movie could ever get! Let me know if you guys think these look more accurate.

Batman Begins — 620
The Dark Knight — 650
Dark Knight Rises — 450
Inception — 500
Interstellar — 700
Dunkirk — 429
Tenet — 280

Well, comercial flights can be full but not a theater.
Either way, it's possible to see it with measures applied.
And pretty much all europe is ready for it. It's the USA, Brazil and Russia that are screwing the rest of usQ

The USA was taking baby steps in the right direction for Tenet to work in July, but recent events could f**k that all up, with social distancing apparently being over now (yes I understand what's happening).

Hey, if it was for any other reason, i would be a bit mad aswell, but i think the situation requires more empathy and patience, there are more important things on the table right now i think.