TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
I remember I didn’t see the runtime for Dunkirk until early July.

So just going off the wall here. This movie plays with time. Anyone else think Nolan might have Denzel stashed away as an older John David in this movie somewhere? ha probably just talking out my arse/wishful thinking. But dude hid Damon from Interstellar until it came out. I can't remember if I found out beforehand or not. Feel like I remember knowing there was a big actor in it that wasn't listed before hand but I didn't know it was Damon.

Ha dunno just bored and started to think about it today. Doubtful but would be cool. I can't see Denzel sticking his nose in his son's biggest movie to date, unless it was a tiny tiny part. But it would be hard to turn down Nolan, everyone in Hollywood would take that called I'd imagine.

New Indiewire article says that John David Washington's character name is indeed
"Protagonist," suggesting an overt meta layer

Sky007 wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 11:01 pm
New Indiewire article says that John David Washington's character name is indeed
The name's Tagonist. Pro Tagonist. 8-)

WelcometoNoLand wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 11:00 pm
So just going off the wall here. This movie plays with time. Anyone else think Nolan might have Denzel stashed away as an older John David in this movie somewhere? ha probably just talking out my arse/wishful thinking. But dude hid Damon from Interstellar until it came out. I can't remember if I found out beforehand or not. Feel like I remember knowing there was a big actor in it that wasn't listed before hand but I didn't know it was Damon.

Ha dunno just bored and started to think about it today. Doubtful but would be cool. I can't see Denzel sticking his nose in his son's biggest movie to date, unless it was a tiny tiny part. But it would be hard to turn down Nolan, everyone in Hollywood would take that called I'd imagine.
no.

WelcometoNoLand wrote:

I hope not. That would be so cheesy and a little disrespectful to John David Washington’s work. It’s like saying he’s only good for playing younger versions of his dad.

Flutterby wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 11:05 pm
Sky007 wrote:
*electric guitar pick-scrape*

Flutterby wrote:
Sky007 wrote:
No way Nolan be so corny.

dragon_phoenix wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 11:53 pm
Flutterby wrote:
Sky007 wrote:
No way Nolan be so corny.
That was ironic of course.

On a serious note, how probable is it that the characters won't actually have names? Do you think Nolan could go down that route?

WelcometoNoLand wrote:

Damon's casting was announced the last out of everyone, but we definitely knew about him on this forum. A thread was made in the Interstellar forum about Damon's casting on August 28th, 2013

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=13980

Browsing through the Interstellar forum, looks like some of the main actors (like McConaughey, Hathaway, Chastain, Caine) were announced March-April-May, while most of the supporting cast (Irwin, Gyasi, Bentley, Oyelowo) was announced around June-July. Then Damon was last.