TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
speedy117 wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 9:39 am
quervo wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 6:39 am
Uno wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 6:32 am

Looks like the vehicles in the background in trailer 2 are facing the other way, which makes more sense. Nice find!
I think they were in a hurry, and this scene looks complex as hell, so I think they made a mistake while shooting it and they fixed it during post-production.
What mistake do you think they made? The only thing I notice is the headlights in the second pic
They are in the right lane, it makes no sense that the traffic is going towards them, in the second trailer we see the backs of the distant cars.

Uno
speedy117 wrote:
What mistake do you think they made? The only thing I notice is the headlights in the second pic
Not only the headlights. Look at the cars, especially the white van. The front windshield is not visible anymore on the newest trailer.

love this quote from Robert Pattinson in the magazine: "If it wasn't Nolan doing it, you'd be like, this is an impossible movie"

dragon_phoenix wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 1:11 pm
The love for Aaron Taylor-Johnson in this forum is insane. I mean I didn't even know his name before I started following Tenet.

His name wasn't credited in the trailer and people are trying their damn to magically place him in the trailer.
Well you should watch „Nocturnal Animals“. He was really great as a redneck scumbag and won a Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actor. Don‘t think that Nolan waste a talented actor like him. His role will be surely more important than it seems right now.

intersteIIarx wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 9:53 am
love this quote from Robert Pattinson in the magazine: "If it wasn't Nolan doing it, you'd be like, this is an impossible movie
I loved what JDW said even more “It’s own genre. It’s the Nolan genre” which falls into place with what Nolan said earlier in 2019 “to use the big canvas that [exhibitors] can supply us, and tell stories in an exciting way, and bring fresh ideas, fresh takes on existing genres and new genres – inventing new genres.”

I hope that is not just marketing and that their words live up to what the film will show us.

speedy117 wrote:
quervo wrote:
Uno wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 6:32 am

Looks like the vehicles in the background in trailer 2 are facing the other way, which makes more sense. Nice find!
I think they were in a hurry, and this scene looks complex as hell, so I think they made a mistake while shooting it and they fixed it during post-production.
Maybe it isn't a mistake and we will get to see both versions in the movie?

Pioneerr wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 11:44 am
speedy117 wrote:
quervo wrote:

Maybe it isn't a mistake and we will get to see both versions in the movie?
No way. One in a million can notice something like this. And if anything happens twice in this movie, I doubt we'll see that from the same perspective. It was a mistake, someone noticed, they fixed it, like the smiling guy in the Dunkirk trailer.

With the Total Film magazine issue coming out this week and entering June in the next, won't we get official confirmation on the release date?

If the movie is still opening July 17th, cinemas will have to put advance tickets on sale, make plans, etc.

Allstar wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 2:00 am
Based on all the trailers there’s no sign at all of an emotional through-line like Inception or Interstellar. Kind of surprising. Thoughts?
I really hope its present in Tenet. The shot of Debecki and the kid is a good sign. I can feel moments of emotion but its not as present or clear as Inception like you mentioned. Eveything else looks great.

Nolanfan93 wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 12:10 pm
With the Total Film magazine issue coming out this week and entering June in the next, won't we get official confirmation on the release date?

If the movie is still opening July 17th, cinemas will have to put advance tickets on sale, make plans, etc.
I am sure many cinemas are planning to open right before July 17th, but their local government may not approve it.