TENET - General Information

An original action espionage film releasing in IMAX on August 12, 2020
User avatar
Posts: 86
Joined: December 2015
Location: Brisbane
dragon_phoenix wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 1:11 pm
The love for Aaron Taylor-Johnson in this forum is insane. I mean I didn't even know his name before I started following Tenet.

His name wasn't credited in the trailer and people are trying their damn to magically place him in the trailer.
Well in that case, we have to wait to find out until the movie comes. :lol:
Also, i dont know what did u mean by crediting someone in the tariler. If u r refering to the cast billing at the end of the trailer, that has nothing to do with being someone in the tailer. Thats the fun with Nolan trailer u see. Even in the trailer, he seems to play with the audiences by replacing someone's voice over in totally different scene. That's the case with the 'Inversion' scene. And ATJ is the best bet because of the voice match.

Posts: 4013
Joined: June 2010
captprice007 wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 11:07 am
In the prologue when a SWAT guy rescues JDW using a reverse shot bullet, JDW appears surprised implying that he is unaware of the technology at that time in the movie. Many people have speculated that it is Pattinson who "catches" that reverse bullet and saves JDW.
BUT in the new trailer, JDW is infact making Pattinson aware of the technology by correcting him that it isn't time travel but time inversion. This scene takes place later than the prologue scene because at this point JDW is aware of the technology.
This implies that the SWAT guy in prologue is not Pattinson because he is told about the technology later on by JDW himself.
A few Estonia extras told us Pattinson was the person inside that SWAT gear. In the film, however, maybe it's John David Washington who is revealed the person inside

Posts: 588
Joined: May 2020
SCORPIO16 wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 1:36 pm
dragon_phoenix wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 1:11 pm
The love for Aaron Taylor-Johnson in this forum is insane. I mean I didn't even know his name before I started following Tenet.

His name wasn't credited in the trailer and people are trying their damn to magically place him in the trailer.
Well in that case, we have to wait to find out until the movie comes. :lol:
Also, i dont know what did u mean by crediting someone in the tariler. If u r refering to the cast billing at the end of the trailer, that has nothing to do with being someone in the tailer. Thats the fun with Nolan trailer u see. Even in the trailer, he seems to play with the audiences by replacing someone's voice over in totally different scene. That's the case with the 'Inversion' scene. And ATJ is the best bet because of the voice match.
Yea cutting different voices and from different scenes in trailer is a common technique to avoid giving away the plot.

Even if that 'inversion' word was said by ATJ, it doesn't mean that he is playing that important a role. I mean some people are speculating that ATJ is a younger Branagh at this point. Seems like starring in superhereo movies just make all the nerds love you.

Posts: 588
Joined: May 2020
The Special One wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 1:37 pm
captprice007 wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 11:07 am
In the prologue when a SWAT guy rescues JDW using a reverse shot bullet, JDW appears surprised implying that he is unaware of the technology at that time in the movie. Many people have speculated that it is Pattinson who "catches" that reverse bullet and saves JDW.
BUT in the new trailer, JDW is infact making Pattinson aware of the technology by correcting him that it isn't time travel but time inversion. This scene takes place later than the prologue scene because at this point JDW is aware of the technology.
This implies that the SWAT guy in prologue is not Pattinson because he is told about the technology later on by JDW himself.
A few Estonia extras told us Pattinson was the person inside that SWAT gear. In the film, however, maybe it's John David Washington who is revealed the person inside
If that's the case, then I think Pattinson maybe a double agent who is pretending to not know about the time inversion technology. He might turn out to be one of the main bad guys in the movie in the end, as a huge betrayal to JDW.

User avatar
Posts: 86
Joined: December 2015
Location: Brisbane
dragon_phoenix wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 1:44 pm
SCORPIO16 wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 1:36 pm
dragon_phoenix wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 1:11 pm
The love for Aaron Taylor-Johnson in this forum is insane. I mean I didn't even know his name before I started following Tenet.

His name wasn't credited in the trailer and people are trying their damn to magically place him in the trailer.
Well in that case, we have to wait to find out until the movie comes. :lol:
Also, i dont know what did u mean by crediting someone in the tariler. If u r refering to the cast billing at the end of the trailer, that has nothing to do with being someone in the tailer. Thats the fun with Nolan trailer u see. Even in the trailer, he seems to play with the audiences by replacing someone's voice over in totally different scene. That's the case with the 'Inversion' scene. And ATJ is the best bet because of the voice match.
Yea cutting different voices and from different scenes in trailer is a common technique to avoid giving away the plot.

Even if that 'inversion' word was said by ATJ, it doesn't mean that he is playing that important a role. I mean some people are speculating that ATJ is a younger Branagh at this point. Seems like starring in superhereo movies just make all the nerds love you.
I mean some people are speculating that ATJ is a younger Branagh at this point.
:shock:
well, that's a bit too much. :lol:

User avatar
Uno
Posts: 160
Joined: August 2019
Location: Norway
Ruth wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 12:35 pm
i think dunkirk had a separate thread meant for potentially spoiler included speculation. do you guys think we need one for tenet?
The only time I will post the potential spoiler, if we ever have one.

User avatar
Posts: 378
Joined: December 2019
Location: United States
dragon_phoenix wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 1:11 pm
The love for Aaron Taylor-Johnson in this forum is insane. I mean I didn't even know his name before I started following Tenet.

His name wasn't credited in the trailer and people are trying their damn to magically place him in the trailer.
Yeah, it’s strange. Same thing on Reddit too. I’ve seen him in stuff, but never thought he was anything special. I guess he must have a pretty big following or fan base.

User avatar
Forum Pro
Posts: 91
Joined: May 2020
marshallmurphy wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 3:16 pm
dragon_phoenix wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 1:11 pm
The love for Aaron Taylor-Johnson in this forum is insane. I mean I didn't even know his name before I started following Tenet.

His name wasn't credited in the trailer and people are trying their damn to magically place him in the trailer.
Yeah, it’s strange. Same thing on Reddit too. I’ve seen him in stuff, but never thought he was anything special. I guess he must have a pretty big following or fan base.
I think people are just excited to see how he does in a Nolan film. He's definitely proven himself to be a talented actor but Nolan can bring so much more out of his actors. And if he's playing this brute, hardcore mercenary like some people are speculating, it's just exciting. It all reminds me of how excited people were to see how brutal Tom Hardy's Bane was going to be.

Posts: 214
Joined: September 2009
Location: Portugal
The whole point of "spoiler" is to spoil what is real. If no one here has seen the movie, how can you spoil it?
It's all speculation at this point, no one knows more than anyone. There's nothing to spoil, unless someone has actually seen the movie and comes here talking about it. Theories and fan speculations are not spoilers.

User avatar
Posts: 378
Joined: December 2019
Location: United States
DylanHoang wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 3:38 pm
marshallmurphy wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 3:16 pm
dragon_phoenix wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 1:11 pm
The love for Aaron Taylor-Johnson in this forum is insane. I mean I didn't even know his name before I started following Tenet.

His name wasn't credited in the trailer and people are trying their damn to magically place him in the trailer.
Yeah, it’s strange. Same thing on Reddit too. I’ve seen him in stuff, but never thought he was anything special. I guess he must have a pretty big following or fan base.
I think people are just excited to see how he does in a Nolan film. He's definitely proven himself to be a talented actor but Nolan can bring so much more out of his actors. And if he's playing this brute, hardcore mercenary like some people are speculating, it's just exciting. It all reminds me of how excited people were to see how brutal Tom Hardy's Bane was going to be.
I know he’s been in some good stuff, I guess he just never stood out to me. Bane was an excellent character and Tom Hardy played the shit out of that role. If Aaron Taylor-Johnson’s character is half as cool that would be great! I have the feeling he’s gonna play a smaller role though.

Post Reply