TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
I know a lot of people think that the trailer gave away too much information. I can understand but consider this. Think of the trailer to Inception for example. They give away that the movie will be based on dreams and stealing ideas from other people's dreams. Of course, that is a huge component of the movie and was a giveaway at the time, although dreams were only a small component of the whole movie. The overarching theme and motivation behind Cobb doing this one last job within dreams were so that he could go home to see his children. I think that we can all agree that we were more emotionally attached to the theme of love in the movie than the actual dreaming component itself. Without motivation and the theme of love, the plot is dry.

Inversion is going to be the big component in Tenet, but I'm only going to consider it as a small piece of what the overarching theme of the whole movie is intending to be. Nolan is so good at tying love into his plots, so I am curious about what the emotional appeal is behind using this inversion tactic. What point of the plot is going to choke us up a little and make us get emotional? Is it to save a loved one? To save himself? This is what makes Nolan's movies so well done in my opinion. He is able to create actual emotional meaning behind what would be just another thriller/action film.

This second trailer is much better and gives me some idea of the plot, that was what I wanted. I love it, except for the villain.

I spotted Aaron for a second.

AhmadAli95 wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 11:06 pm
gropercity wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 10:55 pm
That's not a theory. It's a statistical fact. No one has a totally original idea. The fact of the matter is thousands or more people come up with the same ideas, but only a few execute on them. The arrangement of this logo is not even original; it's been done to death. The lead singer of Nine Inch Nails even has a palindromic logo with 'NIN' where the second N is revered. Again, NOT an original idea. But good to see Nolan reached out and stroked this bike company owner's ego.
Well, yeah but sometime those ideas or thoughts are either too random or too specific to be out there somewhere but it is. I called it a theory because I don’t know if this phenomenon has a name.
Multiple discovery, Independent invention, Synchonicity (maybe), Simultaneous invention or Simultaneous discovery are the names you’ll find on the matter. Look, people can come up with ideas independently; therefore, it doesn’t mean they copied them because sometimes it’s just a coincidence or some sort of convergence of ideas, so they didn’t even know that other work existed. It happened with mathematicians in the past.

At the end of the day, originality always has some sort of inspiration from other things but it can still be unique and original in the way it’s presented which is the point.

antovolk wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 9:08 pm

John David Washington is the new Protagonist in Christopher Nolan’s original sci-fi action spectacle “Tenet.”

Armed with only one word—Tenet—and fighting for the survival of the entire world, the Protagonist journeys through a twilight world of international espionage on a mission that will unfold in something beyond real time.

Not time travel. Inversion.
So we're not gonna talk about this? :P

The biggest information in this synopsis is that they managed to use the word "Twilight" for a movie with Pattinson. :twothumbsup:

Missed opportunity to name the film Inversion, and thus making it the fourth Nolan movie that starts with an "In". :blank:

Lincoln wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 2:04 am
timestamp?

Ruth wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 5:19 am
Lincoln wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 2:04 am
timestamp?
I believe it's 1:02

DHOPW42 wrote: